JavaScript server side scripting

L8V2L

JavaScript sever side scripting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JavaScript!!!!!PLEASE JAVASCIRPT SERVER SIDE SCRIPTING!!!!PLEASE!!!!!HE-MAN: THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!You could write it parallel to php server side scripting tutorial examples and use that to get people to want to go through php, and the other server side scripting languages.

Edited by L8V2L

Well, there is Node.js.

YES! But introduce it as... Don't all server side scripting need an application or software to operate?I think it'll be a good ideal for people who know JavaScript to get into serve side scripting, and by introducing it alone php and other serve side scripting example equivalents, will encourage them to learn those language as well..So introduce it as serve side scripting, but not with node.js, just mention node.js as a softer ware to make this possible to do. But mostly show case technique to a compulsion this, and other if they exist.More so, try to coerce them into php or the whole server side scripting section. Edited by L8V2L

javascript is client side browser script only, but can retrieve data through SERVER side language script such as php, asp, asp.net through ajax from for example a database.

Ajax forms you mean?

I want to read it here first, before I venture off to other source i.g. books && tutorial guides, references, manuals, etc.I think it'll be a good ideal for people who know JavaScript to get into serve side scripting, and by introducing it along php and other serve side scripting example equivalents, will encourage them to learn those language as well..So introduce it as serve side scripting, but not with node.js, just mention node.js as a softer ware to make this possible to do. But mostly show case technique to a compulsion this, and other if they exist.More so, try to coerce them into php or the whole server side scripting section. Edited by L8V2L

SEREVEAR SIDE SCRIPTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SERVER SIDE SCIRPTING JAVASCRIPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by L8V2L

It isn't as commonly available as Php but I've heard there are a few free Nodejs hosting sites for people who want to try Node.js.

I don't even understand what that mean... So what they are going to let me type just JavaScript and then what?Isn't the mark language the same?

WE WANT SERVER SIDE JAVASCRIPT!!!!! JS RULES!!!!!!!On a side note: this could help other get into server side scripting, point them, or referring through the whole JavaScript server side tutorial that php is more stable an well set in as a server side scripting language to learn. You can write the example and point them to the php section for the example in php. Causing people to spend more time on your site, causing you to make more money. ;-)

I don't even understand what that mean... So what they are going to let me type just JavaScript and then what?Isn't the mark language the same?

he means hosting sites don't support NodeJS as a platform as widely as for Apache with the PHP module.

Of course, you can always do it locally yourself or manage your own hosted space / instance. Then you have the ability to install and run anything you want.

he means hosting sites don't support NodeJS as a platform as widely as for Apache with the PHP module. Of course, you can always do it locally yourself or manage your own hosted space / instance. Then you have the ability to install and run anything you want.

Oh okay, the host provider... Seeing how it built on Google's JavaScript engine, and interest of those group, I don't see it being of bad hosting provider.All in all, I don't even care if he don't use node.js or any application for js, just having a tutorial that walk you through the components and technical of server side scripting using JavaScript, and just using it as a gimmick to coerce visitors to php by showing js side by side with php and notice that php is a standard strong community of server side scripting is good enough for me. Edited by L8V2L

There are several node.js hosts if you want to get an account and set it up.https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/Node-Hosting

None of that really have value to me being a lame, I must learn js server side to see the value. But thanks anyway.Create! You say, ask it and it shall be giving. Give me a tutorial on js server side! Edited by L8V2L

None of that really have value to me being a lame, I must learn js server side to see the value.But thanks anyway.

IOW you don't believe in learning by doing. We can kinda see that.

IOW you don't believe in learning by doing. We can kinda see that.

huh~ where did you get that from?! REFER TO THE FIRST LINE OF MY SIGNATURE! That's the best way I can learn!And what do IOW mean!? Edited by L8V2L

As it stands right now, Javascript on the server-side would be be practically useless because of the costs of creating an interpretter or hosting that runs one. Just learn PHP, ASP or C++ if you want to program on the server side. I believe server-side programming would be too complicated for you at the moment, just continue learning client-side Javascript.

I'm sure he can find Nodejs tutorials out on the web somewhere. Nodejs is enjoying a surge of popularity right now.

Yes, I have. But it's not w3s. Edited by L8V2L

As it stands right now, Javascript on the server-side would be be practically useless because of the costs of creating an interpretter or hosting that runs one. Just learn PHP, ASP or C++ if you want to program on the server side. I believe server-side programming would be too complicated for you at the moment, just continue learning client-side Javascript.

it'll be nice if js server side tutorial was put in when I can learn it. Edited by L8V2L