Sign in to follow this  
shashib

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server - Server Sent Events

Hi i am using HTML5 Server-Sent Events

Actually i need to show notification ( new record enter and which are unread ) thats when any new record is insert in database ( php / mysql )

So for testing purpose i just tried with count of total row.

but getting below error message in my localhost :

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at http://localhost/project/folder/servevent/demo_sse.php.line is :
var source = new EventSource("demo_sse.php");

WHAT I HAVE TRIED :

index.php

<script>if(typeof(EventSource) !== "undefined") {var source = new EventSource("demo_sse.php");source.onmessage = function(event) {document.getElementById("result").innerHTML = event.data;};} else {document.getElementById("result").innerHTML = "Sorry, your browser does not support server-sent events...";}</script> <div id="result"></div> 

demo_sse.php

<?phpheader('Content-Type: text/event-stream');header('Cache-Control: no-cache');$db = mysql_connect("localhost", "root", ""); // your host, user, passwordif(!$db) { echo mysql_error(); }$select_db = mysql_select_db("testdatase"); // database nameif(!$select_db) { echo mysql_error(); }$time = " SELECT count( id ) AS ct FROM `product` ";$result = mysql_query($time);$resa = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);echo $resa['ct'];flush();?>

please let me know what going wrong.

I know for notification we can use Ajax with some interval time , but i don't want such thing. As i have N number of records and which may slow my resources.

are checking for Apache error logs? can you hit the PHP file itself directly in the browser?

yes i can hit php file directly and getting result too .. but @ index.php the outcome is not seen ..also error is in firebug

Edited by shashib

Like the example you linked to shows, maybe the problem is that your output does not start with "data:".

There's an example on the page you linked to in the first post. Note that the response starts with "data:", and the note below tells you that every response should start with that.