jools

Parent Div isn't resizing in height to accomodate Divs within it

Hello,

I have a master div ID in which I have a number of other divs:

<div id="master"> <!--This is the open master div--><div id ="namestrip"></div><div id ="basicsbox"></div><div id ="videobox"></div><div id ="experiencebox"></div><div id ="teachingstylebox"></div></div> <!--This is a closes the master-->

I have set the height of the master DIV ID to auto hoping it resizes to accommodate whatever is in it:

#master  /*the box we work in*/    {    width: 1024px;    height: auto;        }

However, as you can see from the screenshot, this doesn't appear to work (I have highlighted the master ID border in black)screenshot.jpg

Any ideas as to why this isn't working. If I set the height to fixed then everything is contained in the master tags and the footer sorts itself out, but I wanted to use the auto height function.

Many thanks

Well theres the problem outer div cannot detect area of child floated elements, so its height becomes 0px, one fix is to appy overflow: hidden; to outer parent container.