zdarkmind94

search wordpress

Hello ,how can I include functionality for wordpress search on this static Markup:

<div class="medium-4 columns sidebar">        <div class="row search">          <div class="small-12 columns">            <div class="row collapse">              <div class="small-8 columns">                <input type="text" placeholder="Cauta">              </div>              <div class="small-2 columns end">                <a href="#" class="button postfix search_button"><i class="fa fa-search fa-lg"></i></a>              </div>            </div>          </div>        </div>

Searching is dynamic, not static. A text field and link isn't a search engine, it's just a form (ideally, that link would be an actual submit button inside a form as well). The text field also needs a name or ID. If that link is supposed to search then I assume that they use Javascript to add a click handler to the link to submit the text to the server for searching.

<div class="row search">          <div class="small-12 columns">            <div class="row collapse">                <form action="<?php echo home_url( '/' ); ?>" method="get">                    <div class="small-8 columns field">                        <input type="text" id="search" placeholder="Cauta" name="s" value="<?php the_search_query(); ?>" />                     </div>                     <div class="small-2 end columns ">                         <button type="submit" id="search-button" class="postfix button"><i class="fa fa-search fa-lg"></i>                         </button>                     </div>                </form>            </div>          </div>    </div>