Deprecated tags/elements

reportingsjr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I help you? :)Can you put instead of

> Made by Dan The Man, with the help of W3Schools's forums!
>Created by Dan The Man, from a list by Reportingsjr or something like that. I never really get credit for anything :)

I never really get credit for anything :)
Yeah i though it was a bit nasty of Dan to take your idea and put it on his site claiming the glory :)

No problem, consider it done :) And I'll start adding examples right away :)

> Created by Dan The Man, made from reportingsjr's list, at W3Schools' forums!
Edited by Dan The Prof

Nice reference. :)Alink Defines the color of selected links Replaced with CSS a:visitedShouldn't that be replaced by a:active though?vlink = a:visitedalink = a:active

Corrected. Remind I copied all the data of the original list and placed it in a table without editing :)I am working on the examples, half of them are ready :) What do you think of this page, is it okay? :)

Hmm, I fixed it up a little, to more resemble the various w3schools.com references. I also removed some attributes and moved it to css, so it validates (transitional)... :)If anyone can come up with a javascript to set all links to open in an external window, we can make it valid XHTML 1.0 Strict. Target is, after all, deprecated, and we can't have a deprecated attribute in the code of a deprecated elements/attributes reference. :)var anchors = document.getElementsByTagName('a')for(i=0;i<anchors.length;i++) {something like this...}It's also valid CSS by the way.

index.html

Sorry, but I don't like it :)All my HTML and CSS examples are missing, the font size is not matching the one of W3Schools tutorials, the "<" sign at the bottom should actually be ">" and the links are not nicely coloured blue :)If you wanted to have the page valid Xhtml, why didn't you say so? :)

The center element is described as:

-Center-Aligns elements horizontally, shorthand for align=center-Replaced with CSS align
There is no "align" property in CSS. It's instead text-align: center; for inline elements and margin: 0 auto; for block elements. Oh, and by the way, scince you did made the whole table itself (not most of the data of it anyway), I think the "copyright" should state:
Created by Dan The Man, inspired by reportingsjr's list, at W3Schools' forums!
instead of "made by" wich is a synonym of "Created by" anyway.[edit] Isn't <xmp> an element? It's written as attribute.[/edit] Edited by boen_robot

Sorry, but I don't like it :)All my HTML and CSS examples are missing, the font size is not matching the one of W3Schools tutorials, the "<" sign at the bottom should actually be ">" and the links are not nicely coloured blue :)If you wanted to have the page valid Xhtml, why didn't you say so? :)

What? Your HTML and CSS examples are missing? :blink: I didn't change any content. EDIT: Whoops, must have been an accident. Didn't mean to remove it.The "<" sign is not the wrong way, no. It's ">", just like I changed it to. You weren't supposed to download that first attachment, I just noticed it right after and changed it. :blink:The reason for the links not being "nicely coloured blue" is because personally I don't like the standard link-blue of the web. I chose the red colour because it is the same of the w3schools.com references link colours, like this:http://www.w3schools.com/tags/default.asp

index.html

Edited by Jonas

What about my page now? I have changed the things you all mentioned, isn't it perfect yet? :)@ aspnetguy \/I applied javascript to the onload event, to entarget the links, while I checked the Target property of the HTML DOM, and it is W3C standard :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

var arr = document.getElementsByTagName('a');for(var i=0;i<arr.length;i++){     arr[i].onclick = function()    {         window.open(arr[i].href);         return false;    }}

What about my page now? I have changed the things you all mentioned, isn't it perfect yet? :)

Height to say it, but the only changed thing I see is the "text-" added to the replacement of <center>. There still isn't DTD, you forgot to (or just haven't) added ": center; for inline elements and margin: 0 auto; for block elements" to that same description, the XMP is still written as attribute, and the list would probably go on if I look deeper. No offense in any way intended (just to avoid things such as the ones in recent events).Note: I'm talking on the published version. Jonas' variants are out of question.

What about my page now? I have changed the things you all mentioned, isn't it perfect yet? :)

No, it really isn't perfect (nothing is though). You should definetely have a valid site when making a reference of things that are not valid. If you yourself on that site have used html code that isn't valid (plus no doctype, character-encoding), it's just a big ironic website.

I have changed all the things you mentioned, if the topic creator (or Jonas, while he can edit the first post too) could edit his post so that my page is mentioned, and deletes his own list, then we can think about additional changes, couldn't we? :)@Jonas: give me time to transform it into Xhtml, and not directly creating your own :) One page is enough :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

Why does your page have to be mentioned in the first post? Then we should mention Jonas' page too. There is no need to delete the other list. You can continue with additional changes regardless.

There is no "align" property in CSS. It's instead text-align: center; for inline elements and margin: 0 auto; for block elements. Oh, and by the way, scince you did made the whole table itself (not most of the data of it anyway), I think the "copyright" should state:
Well sorry, one mistake... :)
Oh, and by the way, scince you did made the whole table itself (not most of the data of it anyway), I think the "copyright" should state:
Created by Dan The Man, inspired by reportingsjr's list, at W3Schools' forums!
instead of "made by" wich is a synonym of "Created by" anyway.

Actually.. I did make most of the list myself, esides the few changes they post on here. I say we stick with the made from reportingsjr's list. Besides, what is the point of changing it? To put it in a table was inspired by himself, but I made the whole list :) By the way, why are you always so negative to everything? Every time I have seen you post or something you are either negative, or nothing. :) Try to be nice ok?

By the way, why are you always so negative to everything? Every time I have seen you post or something you are either negative, or nothing.  :) Try to be nice ok?
Who is negative??? LOL your quotes are missing the quoters name.

@reportingsjr, Couldn't we mention my page at your first post? It would be easier for newcomers to find it, as it was inspired by the same ideals you had/have :)[*Edit:] Not to be rude :) but Jonas' was just a hard copy of mine, to try to make it Xhtml valid, which I can do myself too :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

Dan if anyone coming ot this thread is serious at they will read the first few posts and see your link.the thread purpose was not for everyone to create a list and show it off.

Exactly, I just made it for fun, and what does Jonas do? He kopies it "becauise it is not valid Xhtml"Ungrateful :) I do have made it, you wouldn't even try it :)I am trying to transform it into xhtml, which will be a succes eventually. But I think I might get some thanks for I made this thing, if it doesn't get to the first post, I can every bit as good as delete it anyway :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

Exactly, I just made it for fun, and what does Jonas do? He kopies it "becauise it is not valid Xhtml"
Well...you copied reportingjr's idea to start with. Jonas was just trying to improve on the idea the same way you were.Besides it is a list that was taken from w3schools website to begin with. It is not like you created some top secret code or something.
Ungrateful :) I do have made it, you wouldn't even try it :)I am trying to transform it into xhtml, which will be a succes eventually.
Who are you calling ungrateful...I have no interest in duplicating somthing that can be already found on multiple websites.Why convert it to xhtml...Jonas already has.
But I think I might get some thanks for I made this thing, if it doesn't get to the first topic, I can every bit as good as delete it anyway  :blink:
Are we in elementary school again? If you are only helping to get recognition then that is completely the wrong motivation. If you are that worried about not getting due credit then go ahead and remove your list.EDIT: BTW where did you get your list from. It looks suspiciously like this list.http://htmlfixit.com/tutes/tutorial_XHTML_..._attributes.phpUnless you came up with that list fro your head then you were just copying someone else too. Perhaps you should give them proper credit too :) Edited by aspnetguy

Why I don't like somebody just copied my whole page: because I did made an effort in trying to put the data in a table.I made the table ALL BY MY SELF, just like this list, all by my self. I only copied the data from the list of the first topicI don't necessary want recognition, but I just want to help forummers, placing the link at the best location so they don't have to search for it.However, I am tired of this discussion. My good plans did not turn out to be appreciated, as how I feel they do.

Edited by Dan The Prof