Sign in to follow this  
RaRa3

HTML

Hello i have a problem with my HTML code

I have a link to a file that is on my computer but everytime i click the link it leads to an error. I am not sure why because the both files are in the same folder and i have done it before, I put in a website and it does work so I am not sure why my HTML wont open the link when at the home page. This is my code

<a href=“Login.html”>Log In</a>

Did i do something wrong? the file is named Login.html just like in the quotations

What program are you using to edit the HTML?

• Like 1

i use text edit and i used netbeans, but there the code looks perfectly fine and it runs with no problem just the link isnt working, can there be other contributing problems to it

When you click on the link what happens and what URL shows up in the address bar?

File names are usually case sensitive, so be sure that you have the uppercase and lowercase letters correct in the link.

• Like 1

What happened there is that you have curly quotes instead or normal double-quotes. They're being interpreted as part of the filename.

Notice the difference

<a href=“Login.html”><a href="Login.html">
  • Like 1