Sign in to follow this  
hcccs

.vtt video track doesn't work

I have been struggling with video track for some time and can't get it to work. The video and audio work perfectly but not the subtitles. The CC button has no effect.

I have configure IIS with the following line:

<remove  fileExtension=".vtt" />           <mimeMap fileExtension=".vtt"  mimeType="text/vtt"/>     

I have tested this in the latest versions of FF, Chrome, Safari and Opera. This is the code:

File: vtt_test.php<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head>	<title>VTT Test</title>	<meta charset="utf-8" /></head><body>	<h1>VTT track test</h1>	<h2></h2>	<br><br>	<h3></h3>	<video width="640" height="480" controls>  <source src="/movies/testbild.webm" type="video/webm" />  <source src="/movies/testbild.ogv"  type="video/ogv" />   <source src="/movies/testbild.mp4"  type="video/mp4" />  <track src="/tracks/video.vtt" kind="subtitles" srclang="en" label="English" />  <!-- fallback for rubbish browsers --></video>	</body></html>File: /tracks/video.vttWEBVTT100:00:01.000 --> 00.00.02.900First line200:00:03.000 --> 00:00.05.900Second line300:00:06.000 --> 00:00.08.000Third line

The code looks OK to me. Have you checked the browser's developer tools to see that the file has loaded?