Jquery Menu using JSON Data

RonKR

I have been working on building a menu using JSON Data with arrows in the form of a dropdown menu. I liiked at this code and tried to run it but I dont get anythging. Maybe I enetered it wrong in my HTML document or I am using the wrong src paths. The example is at http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/311758/Building-Menu-from-JSON. Thank You so much for your help. Alos are there any really good refereneces that go into detail about Java Script and how to use a debugger to see whats going on underneath the hood. Sometimes with this code I feel like I am just shooting in the dark.

Every modern browser has developer tools, there are links in my signature to some of them. On Chrome for example you can press F12 to open them. The console tab will show Javascript error messages, and there are also commands to write information to the console if you want to look at variables or things. The network tab will show all of the requests for the page and the status, you can check for 404 or other problems there. The script tab will let you look at all of the Javascript code and you can set breakpoints and things to step through it line by line and watch variables. The DOM tab will show the current structure of the page where you can inspect elements and see all of the CSS rules and things that apply to them. You can also adjust the CSS to see the changes on the page, or delete elements or things like that.