Additional Helpful Learning Items

Guest TamSam

Guest TamSam

Hello,Thank you first of all for the excellent website and information provided. I just took on a new job that required me to come up to speed on HTML quickly, and this has been an invaluable resource.I did find the examples and quiz helpful. Would it be possible to get some kind of exercises leading up to the quiz? Actively using the lessons seems to be the only way to really learn the material by heart. For instance, you could offer a suggested, small task for each major section (such as constructing a resume page or questionnaire). It's kind of tough going straight from the reading to the quiz; also, it seems the quiz with no practice only shows passive understanding.Thanks again!TamSam

Actively using the lessons seems to be the only way to really learn the material by heart.
That's true. But the web is so full of examples of everything, you can just as easily make your own. When learning about tables, if you want to practice, go make yourself a 4x4 table of images or something like that. Or with forms, just create a form, and start adding input elements. It doesn't need to do anything, but you can definately practice layout on your own all you want. Or even better, go find a page you like, and re-create it without looking at the code.