SUGGESTIONS FOR MY HTML PROJECT

Guest NAPO

whats up guys..total newb to the forum but..i workin on an html project for my school/ and my girlfriend. this is what i have so far. http://www.rso.cornell.edu/myaka/Index.htmli am a complete beginner to HTML, and this is what i came up with. here are some specific questions i would love addressed. for the homepage - it is a different size for each resolution/computer, so it tiles. i dont want this to happen, i want it to conform to each monitor's settings. so it fills the screen ..no tiling. second, what is the most efficient way to add photos. i have the thumbnail pages set, so does that mean i have to create a new html site for each and every single photo. thanks in advance. please comment if you can help. later.

For the image tiling, I assume you are talking about the background image and if so then you can't adjust the size of the image based on %'s. Your best bet would be to create a javascript that would detect the screen resolution (See Here) and then having a pre-created properly sized background image for the varying screen resolutions you want to work with.For the photo's I guess you mean, how do you create it so that when you click on the thumbnail you get the full size picture...if so, then you can actually just link to the picture itself so that when the user clicks on it, they link to the file of the picture. Now if you do that you don't get a back button or any of your other settings, it literally is just a picture, but they can still use the back arrow (browser button) to go back to your site, and this won't require much work to pull off.