Sign in to follow this  
j.silver

Expediting the Speed of Video Loading

I have a page that links to a video. When it loads, there is a lag in video loading, meaning the video loads but after a few seconds from loading the rest of content. I would appreciate if someone can show me how I can make the video loads exactly at the same time of everything else.

Many users will have videos blocked anyway. Do you provide users with a choice?

What do you mean by providing a choice--an alternative to the video (e.g. image, text, etc.) or unblocking the video?

Videos are very large files, they will take longer than simple text and images to load and there's nothing you can do about it. If you somehow managed to delay the rest of the page from showing before the video did then you have a high risk of making people leave your site.

Many users will have videos blocked anyway. Do you provide users with a choice?

I want to give users a choice of unblocking my video and seeing it, but I never come across something like that before. Can someone kindly share a sample code for doing that?

Users hate having videos play when the page loads. That's why you shouldn't have autoplay. Let the user choose when the video starts.