Html Books

Html

Thats what im going to do on November 28th, when I have to take back this Javascript book to the library :)I already know about 75% of all the crap in XHTML and CSS, but I want to get the books in case I missed something. ALways good to read up as much as you can to get the best understanding you can of a subject.

imo, once you know the basics you just need a purpose. with a purpose will come the practice - and practice makes perfect.i just feel that there is only so much "reading" you can do before you have to jump in. I could read 100 books on how to swim, but until I jump in the water, I'll never know.So, as a former teacher of CIW Fundementals of HTML - project baased learning is most effective. Don't make it an unrealistic site - just build something small that you can focus on the code - don't do something that will take your focus off it (choose a topic you know in and out).Build a small website on freespace.com, geocities.com, or tripod.com - learn the full experience from planning, content gatering, development, testing, uploading/hosting, and final launch.The books you have read by now (and then) will continue to serve as reference since (after all) we are only human and cannot remember everything.:)

I can't agree more. I knew basic HTML, but didn't know how to use a lot of it, or why I would like to learn CSS, Javascript, PHP, ASP, or SQL. But once I found a project to work on, I am finding new ways to learn it all. Now I recognize what I want to do, find the best tool to do it with (such as HTML, CSS, scripting language), and then I do a search to see how to accomplish the task. There are plenty of things that you will want to do to your site that some books just won't cover, or at least when they do, you won't remember them because it won't make much sense to you. Learning through a project will usually allow you to remember the material better as well.Good luck with everything, and getting a book is not a bad thing (great for reference actually) but practice makes perfect, not reading.

Thanks for replying. :) I'm not interested so much in webdesign, i guess thats why i only know the basics. As for a book, it just seems more practical, Instead of searching for resources.

Books, without a doubt are a key to developing your skills. I do not and would not rely too much on online resources - they come and go - sometimes without notice. A good hard copy of the language(s) you use is always something to have on-hand.As I look over my shoulder, I see: - HTML & XHTML: The Definitive Guide - HTML for the WWW with XHTML and CSS: Visual QuickStart - Javasript for the World Wide Web - Cold Fusion Application Development - MX 7 - Cold Fusion Web Application Construction Kit - MX 7 - Cold Fusion MX in 21 Days - Search Engine Visibility(and more)and I reference one of them at least two times a week - always making sure I am doing things correctly and efficiently.

They're more accessible, free at a library, don't take time to load, don't hurt your eyes (at least as much), and you can search the index quicker. I only use online resources to check quick codes etc, maybe find out why somethin isn't working, but the bulk of any 'learning' is done from a book.

They're more accessible, free at a library, don't take time to load, don't hurt your eyes (at least as much), and you can search the index quicker. I only use online resources to check quick codes etc, maybe find out why somethin isn't working, but the bulk of any 'learning' is done from a book.

ahmen Paim!