JScript.Encode decoding

hisoka

I am not asking for the algorithm , I am asking for a program or a decoder that I can download or that I can use online to decode for me . Speaking about the program you gave me in C . It is an open source code in raw data . How can I use it . I am lost

What are the steps to use the program you gave me in C ?

I am not asking for the algorithm , I am asking for a program or a decoder that I can download

What's the difference?

that I can use online to decode for me

The Wikipedia page you linked to has the link that I posted right in the article. Along with the C code is a link to a compiled executable that you run. Did you not follow those links from the Wikipedia article?

It is an open source code in raw data . How can I use it . I am lost

You can either download a C compiler and compile that code into an executable, or just download the compiled executable on the same page. It ends with .exe so I assume it is a Windows or DOS executable.

What are the steps to use the program you gave me in C ?

Get the executable, and execute it. If you look at the code and scroll down to line 539 you'll see what it prints if you try to execute it without the required arguments.

I download the compiled version in this page :

https://gist.github.com/bcse/1834878

which is scrdec18-VC8.exe but it did not work

this is the data that should be decoded :

#@~^pwEAAA==W!x^DkKxP^WTrxvPWWM:~b@& @&i&z,?+D~OtP!/nDUCs+~l [PalddSWD[~7l.km8^+d@&d7lD,EknD lh+,'~WKD:c;/DR7CsE@&i\CD~2m/dhK.N,'~WKD: 2m/dR7C^En@&@&izz,Z4nm0P;/DUCs+PmUN,wlkdAWMNcP@&drW,`~`,;/DUCs+Pxx,?ODbUTRWMWsZtmD;GN`~FZvSq8F~8TcBFFZSqFZ~8 qPb~*P'[,cPalddSWD[~{'~?D.bxLc0MW:;tm.ZKNn`,FT{BF!8S,R~,FS1%,#,#~#@&7P@&7dknY:khnKEYc~rVGmmObWUcDwVmmcPEJQwm/dAKDN3ERatwE~bir~,!~#I@&i8@&ds/@&7`@&ddCsDO`,EIW;,lM+PSDKUocJ~#p@&7N@&8A3wAAA==^#~@

I put it in html file called code.html for input and another empty html file called decode.html then use the command like this :

scrdec18-VC8 code.html decode.html -htmldec -verbose -dumb in cmd windows press enter there was no error but when I opened the decode.html to see the result it was empty as I created it the first time . Could you try it Justsomeguy and tell me what am I missing ?

Edited by hisoka

What's the point of all of this? If you're not interested in the actual algorithm and how the encoding and decoding works, then why are you bothering to mess around with a tool that shipped with IE5, was a bad idea in the first place, and has been not supported for over a decade? What's the purpose?

If you're not opening a command prompt first, going to the correct directory, and then running that command, then that's what you should do. You will see messages from the program. Don't type that command into the "run" box, open a command prompt window and type it there. At a minimum when you use verbose it will print status messages.

My purpose is to decode the data above . I am not interested in learning the algorithm . I would like to know if the program you gave me in the link has something wrong or I am making the error by using it in the wrong way . Your last message which begins by "If you're not opening a command prompt first" ..... is useless because I know exactly how to work from the cmd and I worked with many program from cmd like john the ripper for example , telnet , ftp and so on so I know what I am doing . When I wrote you the message I expected you to open the scrdec18-VC8.exe in your computer and try yourself to decode the data I posted but as you did not do it , then you will not understand what I mean in my previous message to you . Would you please try to look , as you are helping me , or you do not want to look ?

Edited by hisoka

I would like to know if the program you gave me in the link has something wrong or I am making the error by using it in the wrong way .

Considering that 100% of the information that I have about the Microsoft script encoder was gained through looking at that Wikipedia page and some of the linked pages, I really don't know if that program is correct or not. I haven't studied the encode/decode process in depth, and I really don't plan to. It wasn't a good idea and it's not used today, there's nothing that interests me about it. It's a basic alphabet substitution cipher that would have been at home 2,000 years ago in Roman messages.

When I wrote you the message I expected you to open the scrdec18-VC8.exe in your computer and try yourself to decode the data I posted but as you did not do it , then you will not understand what I mean in my previous message to you .

I DID do it, which I why I said this:

You will see messages from the program. Don't type that command into the "run" box, open a command prompt window and type it there. At a minimum when you use verbose it will print status messages.

I'll leave you to this. You know what you're doing, you don't need my help, and I'm not going to spend my time looking at another alphabet substitution cipher.

"You will see messages from the program. Don't type that command into the "run" box, open a command prompt window and type it there. At a minimum when you use verbose it will print status messages."

I wrote :...... is useless because I know exactly how to work from the cmd and I worked with many.... by that I meant that I did not type the command in the run box but in the cmd and although I used - verbose in my command in cmd , I did not get an error

Anyway thank you :)

OK. I used the same code that you pasted and ran the same command and it did show me an error, so apparently our computers work differently. The verbose option made it always show at least one message. You didn't indicate that you saw any output from the program at all, so I don't know if you're seeing those messages or not. Anyway, good luck.