funstad

jquery get child atribute img src

Update: when you remove the <a> tag around the image it will show the image src, but i cant remove them for my project. any ideas?

First, if you look at your browser's console you'll notice that if you open the box and click save multiple times, it runs the save function multiple times. The first time you click save it runs it once, the second time it runs it twice, the third time it runs it 3 times, etc. That's because every time you show the edit box you attach another function to the save button. So if you show the save box 5 times then you have 5 save functions running when you click on the save button. Don't attach the event handler for the save button when you show the box, you only need to attach it once.

Second, add some more console.log statements. Check things like this:

$("#sim-edit-testtest .url")

and this:

$(".sim-edit-box-content-field-input.imgurl")

Your click handler can figure out which element was clicked on, and if necessary you can go up the parent tree to find the relevant image. I believe that, inside most jQuery event handlers, $(this) refers to the element that fired the event.