Safariphoto

W3.css form handling

I see that in the W3.Css demo and templates there is use of forms. When I tried to edit this for use with HTML/PHP The button for the HTML form only works when the Modal Submit is used.

<div id="id01" class=" w3-modal" >

<form action="subscribe.php" method="POST">
<input name="subname" class="w3-input" placeholder="Full Name" type="text" required>
<input name="subemail" class="w3-input" placeholder="Email Address" type="text" required>
<label class="w3-label w3-validate">Subscribe to e-Mail Newsletter</label>
<input class="w3-btn" type="submit" value="Submit">
<p><a class="w3-btn w3-center" href="">Submit</a></p>
</form>

I've also tried the following and the variables are not passed to the php script.

<form>
<input name="subname" class="w3-input" placeholder="Full Name" type="text" required>
<input name="subemail" class="w3-input" placeholder="Email Address" type="text" required>
<label class="w3-label w3-validate">Subscribe to e-Mail Newsletter</label>
<p><a class="w3-btn w3-center" href="subscribe.php">Submit</a></p>
</form>

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Are you talking about the link? Its a link it will just go to link specified in href, the value of '#' will just go to current form page again.

At the minimum you require the location value to send input values to specific page applied to action attribute and a input type submit button, or button element.

A link will only work if javascript function is triggered that will submit the form as though a submit button was clicked.