Copy table from sql to mdb

marcodb

Hi,

i'm new and i hope not wrong with to ask the following question: i see this instruction

SELECT *
INTO CustomersBackup2013 IN 'Backup.mdb'
FROM Customers;

in thee site, that is in a section of copy from sql (to mdb, i thougt since the db name is backup.mdb). I'm looking for the similar command for copy/create the similar command but for mysql as origin and mdb as destination.

Thanks of all.

There's not a query in MySQL that will output to an Access MDB file. MDB files aren't part of SQL, they're part of Access. You can install some software to connect to MySQL and export everything to another data source like Access:

https://forums.mysql.com/read.php?65,382207,382372#msg-382372

Or you can export from MySQL into a neutral format like SQL statements to create tables and insert the data, and then figure out how to run the SQL statements in Access to create the same database there. The mysqldump command line tool will create a file full of SQL statements like that to create the database and tables and insert the data, but I don't know what the options are for using that with Access.

Thank's. I must use in a VB6 program, because i must copy table from server (internet mysql) in local for monthly update, and in local i haven't sql. I see the instruction above and i hope it exist a rapid method to copy record. After your good suggestion, i think that i trial to export in excell and import in access, if the instruction that i saw somewhere. Thank's.