Jump to content
skyhighweb

Still On submenu issue

Recommended Posts

Am able to use this code to bind a.id = :auc_id in order to display certain result needed for menu code, but when i introduce it in the submenu i dont get any result below are the codes for menu and submenu'

MENU works fine, display whats need to be showned thanks to a.id = :auc_id

$query = "SELECT s.team_id, s.teams AS teams1, ss.team_id, ss.teams AS teams2, a.id, a.team1, a.team2 FROM " . $DBPrefix . "auctions a
        LEFT JOIN " . $DBPrefix . "sports s ON (s.team_id = a.team1)
        LEFT JOIN " . $DBPrefix . "sports ss ON (ss.team_id = a.team2)
        WHERE a.id = :auc_id and a.id = a.id";
        $params = array();
        $params[] = array(':auc_id', $id, 'int');
        $db->query($query, $params);
?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/dropdownjquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
    
    $("#menu").change(function() {
        $(this).after('<div id="loader"><img src="images/loading.gif" alt="loading subcategory" /></div>');
        $.get('loadsubcat.php?menu=' + $(this).val(), function(data) {
            $("#sub_cat").html(data);
            $('#loader').slideUp(200, function() {
                $(this).remove();
            });
        });    
    });

});
</script>
<form name="bid">
    <label for="category">Select Winner</label>
    <select name="willwin" id="menu">
    
    <?php
if ($db->numrows() > 0){
        while ($row = $db->fetch()) { ?>
        <option value=''></option>
        <option value="<?php echo $row["team1"]; ?>"><?php echo $row["teams1"]; ?></option>
        <option value="<?php echo $row["team2"]; ?>"><?php echo $row["teams2"]; ?></option>
        <?php
}
}
?>

SUBMENU displays all the details in

bid table
column auction    bidder    willwin    willlose
    38    4    3    2
    39    4    2    4
    39    5    4    2

the result should have a display for column ((auction) 38)  willwin (3) but instead i get 3,2,4

<?php
include('config.php');

$menu = $_GET['menu'];
$query = mysql_query("SELECT a.id, s.team_id, s.teams, u.nick, b.id, b.willwin, b.willlose, b.bidder FROM vs_bids b
LEFT JOIN " . $DBPrefix . "vs_users u ON (u.id = b.bidder)
LEFT JOIN " . $DBPrefix . "vs_auctions a ON (a.id = b.auction)
LEFT JOIN " . $DBPrefix . "vs_sports s ON (s.team_id = b.willwin)
WHERE willlose='$menu' and a.id = b.auction and b.bidder NOT IN ('b.tagged') and b.tagged IN ('b.bidder')");

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($query)) {
    echo "<option value=''></option>";
    echo "<option value='$row[team_id]'>$row[nick]...$row[teams]</option>";
}
?>

i cant seem to introduce b.auction = :auc_id which will help in displaying the correct result, but once have converted it like the menu above but doesnt seem to work, so i converted it back.
please need help with the issue here, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your second piece of code is using the mysql extension, which does not support prepared statements at all.  You should convert that so that all of your code is consistent and using the same database extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, justsomeguy said:

Your second piece of code is using the mysql extension, which does not support prepared statements at all.  You should convert that so that all of your code is consistent and using the same database extension.

yeah have tried and tried but it just wont display result anytime i tried, i could only convert the first part but the second part wont, i guess am missing something or not including something, but no way for me to know what am doing wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I would guess that you're missing something too, but no way for me to know without seeing what you're doing.  Then the way that I would figure out whether or not you're doing something wrong is to look at the documentation and compare that with what you're doing, which you're also capable of doing yourself.  There is a way for you to know if what you're doing is wrong, it just takes time and effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, justsomeguy said:

Yeah, I would guess that you're missing something too, but no way for me to know without seeing what you're doing.  Then the way that I would figure out whether or not you're doing something wrong is to look at the documentation and compare that with what you're doing, which you're also capable of doing yourself.  There is a way for you to know if what you're doing is wrong, it just takes time and effort.

thats just the thing when ever i try to convert it like i did the first part it displaying result i even was trying a back up plan for the now i hit a road block

the code below

<div class="form-group">
        <label class="col-sm-5 control-label">Select Winner</label>
        <div class="col-sm-7">                        
    <select name="willwin" class="form-control" id="first">
      <!-- BEGIN select_team -->
      <option value='1'>select_team</option>
      <option value='2'>{select_team.TAGTEAM1}</option>
      <option value='3'>{select_team.TAGTEAM2}</option>
</select><!-- END select_team -->
        
<br>
<select name="willlose" class="form-control" id="first_selected">

</div>
</div>        
                            
    <script type="text/javascript">
    
    $(document).ready(function() {
    var dropdown = {
        1 : ['Select a winner to trigger'],
        2 : ['{select_team.TAGTEAM2}'],
        3 : ['{select_team.TAGTEAM1}']
                  
    }
    $('#first_selected').html(
            '<option>'+dropdown[1].join('</option><option>')+'</option>'
        );
    $('#first').on('change',function() {
        $('#first_selected').html(
            '<option>'+dropdown[$(this).val()].join('</option><option>')+'</option>'
        );
    });
})
        </script>

when ever i submit the form the value get inserted but the value that insert are the numbers <option value='2'> and <option value='3'> instead of what beside them, it a swap code and those values is what been used by the javascript to swap  if only the codes could be change to make the javascript use something else instead of val to swap, hope u understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what it is supposed do! Submit value not text description, all form inputs submit values. If you want text description use that within value as well, or insert both separated by comma and retrieve by using index, as I think we have discussed before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dsonesuk said:

That's what it is supposed do! Submit value not text description, all form inputs submit values. If you want text description use that within value as well, or insert both separated by comma and retrieve by using index, as I think we have discussed before.

u mean like this  <option value='1','{TEAM1}'>{TEAM1}</option> ?if yes didnt work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you actually try to understand how the values are shown in this code, or do you purposely just type anything on the chance we will do it all for you? This is obviously wrong! So NO! it will never work! the only thing I will tell you is the combined values should between one starting quote and one finishing quote with comma separating each value, as explain in my previous topic example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dsonesuk said:

Do you actually try to understand how the values are shown in this code, or do you purposely just type anything on the chance we will do it all for you? This is obviously wrong! So NO! it will never work! the only thing I will tell you is the combined values should between one starting quote and one finishing quote with comma separating each value, as explain in my previous topic example.

<option value='1','autualext'>{TEAM1}</option> u mean something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No! Nothing like what I said. In you previous example you have set it up correctly to show values from whatever. I explained in another topic how this should be done also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dsonesuk said:

No! Nothing like what I said. In you previous example you have set it up correctly to show values from whatever. I explained in another topic how this should be done also.

and it didnt work well in the previous example thats y am asking how can it b done, saying it to me wont help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no need to guess what the right way is, just look it up.  There's a basic reference here:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_option.asp

Here's a more authoritative one:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/option

value
The content of this attribute represents the value to be submitted with the form, should this option be selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 7:49 PM, justsomeguy said:

There's no need to guess what the right way is, just look it up.  There's a basic reference here:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_option.asp

Here's a more authoritative one:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/option

 

 

decided for now to do things a bit manual i wrote this code to check if a user is selecting the same team as the bidder they are tagging to return error

 

Quote

$query = "SELECT willwin FROM " . $DBPrefix . "bids WHERE bidder = :tagged and auction = :auc_id and willwin = :willwin"; $params[] = array(':tagged', $bidder, 'int'); $params[] = array(':auc_id', $id, 'int'); $params[] = array(':willwin' , $willwin, 'int');

not want i want fully but still get the job done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...