Domain

DaNuGai

I need some help with this issuse.Whenever I type the URL as SOMEWEB.COM, I get an error where as if I type WWW.SOMEWEB.COM, the website appears.Does anyone know what causes it and how I can fix it. I am guess it probably has something to do with the hosting or the domain. I am not sure though. Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

I need some help with this issuse.Whenever I type the URL as SOMEWEB.COM, I get an error where as if I type WWW.SOMEWEB.COM,  the website appears.Does anyone know what causes it and how I can fix it. I am guess it probably has something to do with the hosting or the domain. I am not sure though. Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Hmm, good question, I would guess that would depend on what browser you are using... or it may be certainly a server problem/error. Here's a tip though, if you don't want to type out the www. and .com part of the url. On your browsers address bar you can just type in the name of the site (ex: w3schools), then on your keyboard hit "ctrl" and "enter/return" together and it will automatically add http://www. and .com to your url... it works like magic! :) Try it.

• 1 month later...
I need some help with this issuse.Whenever I type the URL as SOMEWEB.COM, I get an error where as if I type WWW.SOMEWEB.COM, the website appears.Does anyone know what causes it and how I can fix it. I am guess it probably has something to do with the hosting or the domain. I am not sure though. Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
whether or not www. is NOT an error it is a configuration settings (unless of course you are not able to connect to the site at all - then check your internet connection). The MX record controls this behavior so the fact that w3schools.com used to not work but www.w3schools.com always did is becuase a wildcard has not been set up for w3schools.com in the MX record. This is a common technique used to reduce spam and to preserve search engine rankings. However, in my example, note that w3schools.com forwards to www.w3schools.com (a 301 redirect) which is the best way to handle this.So, all in all, its not your problem or issue unless it is your website that you wish this to be functional on. In that case, log into your hosting control panel and make the changes or contact your provider for assistance.