sktrinh12

Decode an xml node's content

Hi, I exported a very large xml file from a chromatography software. I want to extract the UV absorbance data (Abs vs. time). I found this node:

<GilsonDADAspenSpectralData><Result><SpectralDataXML><GilsonSpectralData><SpectralData>

Also:

<DataInfo><DataType>Absorbance</DataType><UserUnitsYAxis>1</UserUnitsYAxis><UserUnitsYAxisLabel>Absorbance</UserUnitsYAxisLabel><CompressedData Type="Simple" FirstValue="0" SecondValue="0" Size="Small" UnCompressedByteSize="81920" CompressedByteSize="19166" PercentReduction="76.60400390625" AsciiPercentReduction="90.6416015625" >

This is followed by some strange jargon (not in its entirety): 

<![CDATA[osUAAJwOAACp0qTFAAAEAAAAkc08Qy81REFUMYQOAACxlwABjQAAYB+/AgIC...

Is this some type of encoded data? The node mentions it is compressed data which led me to believe I need to decode or decompress the data to obtain what I need. I attached a txt file that contains snippets of the data. I am seeking x and y values to re-plot a graph (UV absorbance plot), so I would think this node should contain such data, but it contains some strange characters. I am not knowledgeable in xml or programming in general. Please share your expertise. Thanks.

*The full xml file can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PdLXCwSg3BbTRnamRRbDYySFk

snippet.txt