CSS? TABLES? or MAP/AREA? for menu

sprogo

Hi guys,I need an advice for creating a main menu for my web site. I can use CSS type menu with using <li> tags, or basic HTML table structure or an image mapping style menu?I am concerning about the browsing speed if any of the above options selected. It will be very important for me to clearify this subject.Any clue will be helpful..ThnxSprogo

I'd recommend CSS menu, since its both easier and better and sounds cool. Anyways, <ul> menus are basically meant to be used for menus, unlike <center><strong>link<br /></strong></center> etc etc...I'd use lists. You can change the image in teh stylesheet like:

ul {list-style-type: url('image.jpg');}

As far as i can remember. Tables will take a while to load, and are unnessesary (<-- that just doesn't look spelt right) Image Map doesn't really have a point in a menu as far as I can see.

Thank you.Have you heard about OpenCube? They offer very good menu systems but I really do not understand what do they allow us for downloading from their web-sites? It is mentioned all of them can be used without time-limit. Does it mean those are free of charge?

Funny that, that was recommended in my Javascript book that im currently reading, but I never checked it out.Most things like that that offer free services or scripts are free and can be re-used as many times as you want. Generally, you'll end up downloading a zip file with a few files, and end up copy + pasting code into your page, thats all. Feel free to d/l it, but I also recommend you seek to learn how it works. It will serve you much better in the future and look excellent on a portfolio.

Funny that, that was recommended in my Javascript book that im currently reading, but I never checked it out.Most things like that that offer free services or scripts are free and can be re-used as many times as you want. Generally, you'll end up downloading a zip file with a few files, and end up copy + pasting code into your page, thats all. Feel free to d/l it, but I also recommend you seek to learn how it works. It will serve you much better in the future and look excellent on a portfolio.

Thank you for very fast reply.You should check it out .. I have just downloaded infinitemenu system and it works. According to EULA you can use it freely only for evaluation, if you want to publish that web site you should purchase the software.