Displaying header data on google

harry_ord

Sorry if this isn't the correct board for asking this question.

This is my site:

http://www.armonisencia.cl/site/

When you search "armonisencia" on Google, it displays the following (you can see it on the attached picture too):

"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ...
www.armonisencia.cl/site/
Traducir esta páginaFatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function elegant_description() in /home/armonisencia/public_html/site/wp-content/themes/DIVI/header.php:16 Stack trace: #0 /home/armonisencia/public_html/site/wp-includes/template.php(688): require_once() #1 ..."

Maybe is some bug in my WordPress or something, but i decided i didn't want to look for the solution and i prefered to do the more simple stuff, i just edited my theme's header.php file and left the head element like this:

<head>
<title>Armonisencia</title>
	  <meta charset="UTF-8">
	<meta name="description" content="Naturaleza que funciona">
	<meta name="keywords" content="Productos, Armonisencia">

<?php $template_directory_uri = get_template_directory_uri(); ?>
	<!--[if lt IE 9]>
	<script src="<?php echo esc_url( $template_directory_uri . '/js/html5.js"' ); ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
	<![endif]-->

<script type="text/javascript">
		document.documentElement.className = 'js';
	</script>

<?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

I made this change yesterday and today Google is still showing me the same ulgy data. How can i fix it?

google.png

You have made it worse! every page, post etc picks up the title, description, and possibly keywords from when you produce these pages in the editor at backend. What you have done will produce that created title and description, plus the title and description from editor page at the same time, duplicating these elements and meta tags. These are produced through the wp_head() function, and you can see duplicate elements and meta tags produced if you view the page source.

You can clear the currently cached specific page in google webtools, and ask for re-caching by google bots, but you should make sure this error is fixed, to prevent it being picked up again.

Edited by dsonesuk

I left the header.php file how it was and now i am how i was in the beginning. What do i do now? the source code is showing the information provided in the Yoast SEO plugin, but the Google excerpt is still saying that can find the functions from the theme.

If you type

cache:http://www.armonisencia.cl/site/

in your browser, it will bring up exactly that result that is cached by google on the 6th of December, you now have the choice of waiting it to update Again! to show current page, or remove currently cache result, and re-include a new cached version of page. ALL of this can be done in Googles webmaster tools as described here

https://support.google.com/webmasters/topic/1724262?hl=en&ref_topic=3309469

But! it can take 3-5 business days to update.

Edited by dsonesuk

BUT! its not showing currently? IS IT? You were probably experimenting with code for accordion for example, made a mistake which gave error OR server problem which caused error, which at that same time google took snapshot and cached that URL showing that error.

To prevent this, while developing the site, you should consider stopping all search bots accessing site, until finished.

Edited by dsonesuk