Blogger HTML posts problem

Sanja

Hello friends! Sorry if I asked the question which already exists, but I couldn't find an exact answer to my problem and also I'm still new, thanks for understanding in advance.

I will try to describe my problem in the best way, with hope that someone can give me the answer that I can't find anywhere.

I have my personal style blog at blogger.com platform > http://fashionsanja.blogspot.rs and I'm average good in codding, but enough for my blogging needs. I have the huge problem with my blog posts, as you can clearly see by visiting it via the link above. In the blogger help forum I got the problem name and temporary solution, but not an completely answer. The problem is that my HTML elements are continuosly "nesting" within one or the other as each blog posts is displayed. I'm not expert enough in that field to solve that alone, I need your help. Just to mention, this temporary solution didn't solve the issue, it just moved the post title a bit down.

I will quote you the reply from google help forum I got:

Your custom Blogger template is pretty much unique due to your custom implementation. The reasons are, at Homepage/index pages, you are allowing your Post HTML elements to display itself inside another Post HTML -- we call it "nesting".

When this happens, it is pretty hard to add & target specific CSS rules as your post HTML elements is continuosly "nesting" within one or the orther as each Posts is displayed.

Below is a temporary workaround until you find (and fix) your Post display "nesting" issues.

Go to Theme > Customize > Advanced > Add CSS ....

.post .post-outer { margin-bottom: 45px; }

Click Apply to Blog

Custom Blogger themes to your extent is not supported in Blogger Help forums due to errors and unknown implementations -- even though you are using any default Blogger themes.

This is because we do not have a clue on how you customized your theme as it shows why it is quite difficult to add CSS to re-style your post elements according to your preference.

I uploaded the picture of the problem (in the attachment), as you can see, the two posts are almost merged, but the first and second aren't. That continues to happend everytime when I try to add a new post. I'm so afraid I harmed the template somehow.

Thanks in advance for your time and trying to help, it would mean a lot to me.

Greetings,

Sanja

2.jpg

without access to the offending code that's producing the offending code, I think it's a google problem. 

Edited by niche

I tested, it isn't google's issue for sure. Probably I did something which harmed the template, and since I'm an self-learner in HTML and codding in general, I can't figure out what I did.

Anyway, I tried with this and I reduced the space between the posts, but as you can see now, dates in the second and every post after it are moved down, only in the first post the date is ok, and I can't solve it.

.post-labels { display: block; margin: 50px 0 10px; }
.post-footer-line { margin: 0px 0; }

The most I'm worried about that "nesting" problem described above.

try putting px after 0

EDIT:

else, restore to the version before the changes

Edited by niche

This is really messed up, you have menu html content between closing </head> and <body> tags, you have either removed or misplaced closing </div> tag, you also have misplaced closing </a> tag. You should validate at

https://validator.w3.org/

to validate your html, at each stage.

Also using 0 on its own is perfectly valid and requires no unit after it, if zeroing height, width etc.

It look as though the first is the problem section, as the other posts are nested as siblings as they should and not nesting into each other, but this could be how the browser interprets how the code should be, because of any misplaced closing elements

Edited by dsonesuk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I apologise, Sanja for using your topic to ask my question, but since it is also related to blogging, I hope you won't mind.
You are my female namesake, after all :)

I am writing some guides (as blogs), which I am transferring to my mobile app via feedburner and I would like to change the layout and also add push-to-open features for the website and phone number.
I would like to move the logo completely to the left and place the text next to it. Also, I would like to include the push-to-open feature (for mobile phones) for the phone number and website (and/or an e-mail address, alternatively).

Needless to say that I am new to HTML, however I have used it before, but the coding was not as messed up, as this one.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and once again apologies to you, Sanja.
Best regards,
Sanjin

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 11.01.21 copy.jpg

Blog.png