Web page.

Rewillis

Attention: W3schools.com staff:

I recently posted my HTML 5 code for a web page, and have corrected the errors in formatting.  The embedded video file works fine on localhost, but it does not play on the web.  The correct MIME type is configured in my web server ( i.e., the line "video/mp4" appears in the configuration file ).  Why is my embedded video file not working on the web?  Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help.  Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely in Christ,

Russell E. Willis

P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.

Attention: Ingolme:

My personal computer system is currently configured as a dedicated web server ( i.e., I have port forwarding configured in my router ).  Therefore, my personal computer system should be the web host.  My video file is stored on the hard drive.  In the HTML 5 code for my web page, I have the following path specified in a <video> tag:

"c:\Apache24\Apache24\htdocs\pecm\The_book_of_Revelation_1a.mp4." ( Without the period ".". )

The MIME type in the configuration file for my web server ( i.e., "mime.types" ) is set with the following line: "video/mp4."  ( Again, without the period ".". )

What am I overlooking?  Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help.  Keep in touch. :)

Sincerely in Christ,

Russell E. Willis

Attention: Ingolme:

I have three web sites located in "c:\Apache24\Apache24\htdocs\pecm," one of which includes 194 hyperlinks to video files, and that web site works fine on the web.  The web site that contains the embedded video file should be working on the web, just like the other web site just mentioned.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help. :)  Keep in touch.

Sincerely in Christ,

Russell E. Willis

Hyperlinks will work for you because they send you to a file on your computer, but browser security features prevent embedding files from your computer into an HTML page because hackers can use that as an indirect method to explore your filesystem.

You must put the video on the server and embed it using the URL relative to the server root, which is probably localhost. The video URL might look something like this: http://localhost/The_book_of_Revelation_1a.mp4