Responsive Navigation Bar

EdS1945

I am using your navigation bar which suits my purposes perfectly. However, I wish I could display the menu items as centered on the page. Since there is no float center option, I would really appreciate any suggestion as how to solve this.

Thank you

Ed

Thanks for your suggestion.

Did you mean this:

.topnav a {
    float: none;
    display: inline-block;
    color: #f2f2f2;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 1px 12px;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-size: 12px;  

That did not work for me.

You didn't follow my instructions, as I followed my instructions exactly, now that i have something to work with I.E. code and css, and it works fine.

PS. ITS not my site, w3schools.com does not really have much to do with this forum, and i am just a member of this forum.

Edited by dsonesuk

I have nowhere implied that this is your site or that it is your code. I wrote to this forum because not being proficient with css myself,  I was hoping to find someone here that is and that would help me. You volunteered to answer my post and I am grateful for that.  

21 minutes ago, EdS1945 said:

The "your" refers to W3Schools.com and this being W3Schools Forum the association is logical. I did not mean you personally and if you took that way, I'm sorry.

I know that! The problem is NO ONE from w3chools.com  replies to, or have anything to do with this forum, other than setting it up. and maintaining it if problem occurs, if that? So trying to get an answer from a developer who produced that menu theme/tutorial on w3schools is pointless. Refer to it as a w3schools.com menu and give link to it is more correct and helpful. As I could only provide a very limited answer to a very vague question.

I don't find it unreasonable for somebody to join a forum belonging to a website and expect the website's owners to be actively participating.

W3schools is actually an anomaly in this regard.

1 hour ago, Ingolme said:

I don't find it unreasonable for somebody to join a forum belonging to a website and expect the website's owners to be actively participating.

W3schools is actually an anomaly in this regard.

I agree, and I was just pointing out it is not the case for this forum.