Add scrollbar left menu for Safari too

jiggy1965

When viewing W3Schools on Safari there isn't a scrollbar in the left menu (see attached image). So when I wish to scroll through the CSS properties there, I can't. I can only scroll down on the content area. In Chrome that left menu scrollbar is there but I don't like to have to use Chrome just to use W3Schools :-) Can't someone at W3Schools perhaps fix it so that us Safari users can scroll in the left menu as well?

Schermafbeelding 2018-03-07 om 13.19.50.png

Safari on what Operating System Apple ?, scrollbar only shows when you select inside the area to scroll and again! Not anything to do with w3schools forum, scroll to bottom of tutorial page and click REPORT ERROR LINK.

Edited by dsonesuk

7 hours ago, dsonesuk said:

Safari on what Operating System Apple ?, scrollbar only shows when you select inside the area to scroll and again! Not anything to do with w3schools forum, scroll to bottom of tutorial page and click REPORT ERROR LINK.

This forum's subtitle is "How can we improve W3Schools.com"

The suggestions forum is specifically for feedback about the website. 

So who's going to see this suggestion and fix it here then? you? anyone? considering you are always stating that no one from w3school.com have anything to do with this forum, what is the point of the feedback on this site?  are you saying the opposite now?

On 31/07/2017 at 1:00 AM, Ingolme said:

o the W3Schools site does have a mistake.

The staff of the website is almost never on the forums, so your best chance to provide feedback is to visit the page that has the problem and scroll down and click on the "Report Error" button at the bottom of the page.

On 06/10/2016 at 11:42 PM, Ingolme said:

The W3Schools staff doesn't visit the forums, so your best option is to click the "REPORT ERROR" link at the bottom of the page that you found the mistake on.

Since w3schools.com have their own 'REPORT ERROR' links, which do you think has the most probability on being acted upon, w3schools.com or here where they never visit and therefore never view the feedback, to act upon it.

I am not going to angrily reply to people telling them that this is the wrong place, because it is not the wrong place. The fact that the staff stopped coming to the forums doesn't mean the suggestions forum isn't a place to put suggestions.

When somebody comes here with a suggestion I will kindly inform them that the staff rarely visits the forum and I will point them to a place where their feedback is more likely to be heard.

15 hours ago, Ingolme said:

When somebody comes here with a suggestion I will kindly inform them that the staff rarely visits the forum and I will point them to a place where their feedback is more likely to be heard.

The W3Schools staff doesn't visit the forums, so your best option is to click the "REPORT ERROR" link at the bottom of the page that you found the mistake on.

Make your mind up!

So what's better! 100% probability sending feedback through 'Report error' link that will get acted upon, or placing feedback on this forum and hoping the occasional visit happens, but more likely NO visit will occur? depending on which month your in, apparently.

Here's a suggestion under 'How can we improve W3Schools.com' add 'This site is not managed or maintained by W3Schools, So It is most unlikely that w3school.com, will EVER read suggestions/feedback related to their site, so posting in this forum is going to be become more likely a  total waste of time. The best alternative is to send problems/suggestions/feedback through 'REPORT ERRORS' link found at bottom of w3schools.com pages.

Where peps can then send a suggestion that they view the http://w3schools.invisionzone.com 'suggestions' forum more often, ideally everyday, so this forum is more productive than it is at present for 'The improvement of W3Schools.com.'