Juggling Dimensions in Responsive Design

iwato

As a matter of general knowledge what percentage of the people on the internet, do you think, clear their browser history on exit?  I should think that it is quite small, but then I am only guessing, as I have never thought to clean my browser history expect for the purpose of development.

In any case, what would you recommend as an alternative to localStorage?  This was recommended to me by one of your fellow mentors, and it took some doing to implement it.  I have several ways to turn off my splash screen, and for a long moment I did not know how to combine them into one statement.  This has now been achieved.

Roddy

Edited by iwato

The mainpage splash panel was designed to server as a smooth transition between the simple, harsh, nearly rude landing page and the much softer, far more complex mainpage.  Placing the splash panel where you suggest would destroy this transition.  What is more, if you inspect the Splash Panel stats displayed in the Sponsor Profile menu in the mainpage navigation bar, you will find that people are making good use of the splash panel in its current position.  Therefore I must decline your suggestion.

Truly, if you are so disturbed by the two extra clicks that it takes to get to the mainpage, then I will not bother you anymore.  Simply, you appear to be the most well-versed mentor in CSS at W3Schools, so I thought that I should address this ticket to you.  My gosh, once you have opened the mainpage and clicked twice to remove the splash panel, you are good to go so long as you remain in the same session, are you not?

Roddy

Edited by iwato

My Gosh! when I reinstate No to JavaScript in NoScript App for your site, the problem disappears! Problem is no JavaScript means most of your JavaScript links won't work anymore. So there no more reason to help you anymore, all because of a forced pop-up.