Buttons extend too much

Lady

Hi,

I am using one of the css how to's for the responsive nature of our ticket purchases. It seems to extend all the way across and I  would like the tab to reduce in that regard and only extend a bit after the words in the tab

The button maybe using

(1) display: block; resulting in the width being the total width of its parent container.

The button maybe using

(2) width: 100%; resulting in the width being the total width of its parent container.

The button maybe using

(3) min-width: 100%; resulting in the width being the total width of its parent container.

The button maybe using

(4) position: absolute; left: 0; right:0; resulting in the width being the total width of its position: relative; parent container.

The button maybe using

(5) Fixed width width: 300px; and the parent container is using display: inline-block;

The button maybe using

(6) Fixed width width: 300px; and the parent container is using display: inline; this may or may not be what you consider as 'extends to much', but how long is a piece of string?

The button maybe using

(7) Fixed width width: 300px; and the parent container is using float: left OR right; this may or may not be what you consider as 'extends to much', but how long is a piece of string?

The button maybe using

(8) excessive amount of left and right padding resulting in the parent container extending also in its width to accommodate.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific about what is causing the problem, but there again it would be nice if you had provided something to work with, code, link maybe, you know required important stuff.