W3CSS sidebar stopped closing

gordonisnz

Hello.

I'm upgrading an old site - & created a new subdomain & copying all the code slowly - upgrading to W3CSS & validating the code..

Anyway, On the left menu, There is a side-menu. I can click on it & it disapears / re-appears. It was working up until a few days ago. But i continued upgrading it today & noticed that it no longer opens/closes.

Ive  double-checked & the javascript names are there - it looks OK. ive checked the full HTML & can see no duplicate ID's (2 ID's using the same name etc..)  so everything looks OK. 

However it does not work. can anyone assist me in finding out what is wrong ?  PS Ive sone a validation check on a few pages & they do validate.

This is a simple page (less HTML code) - http://foe-new.kwister.com/acronym

Thank you

EDIT: I was not editing / upgrading the side-bar today - I was transferring other files. I do not know why the sidebar does not open/close.

Edited by gordonisnz
Added explanation

The Javascript console says that "w3_close" does not exist. I checked your function definitions and they are inside the following script tag:

<script type="Javascript">

That syntax will probably not work, the browser thinks it's not Javascript so it won't run it. Either omit the type attribute or set it to one of the valid values: "application/javascript" or "application/ecmascript"

Thank you.

Yes - i remember now - during the validation check, (today) I only had <script> - But nothing after.. 

I googled & found type="javascript"  so added that in, & validated & moved onto another thing to check. i didnt notice it not working till after.

It now works...