Help: "Simple" issue driving me insane.

lediable007

First, I need to say thanks to you devs for what truly is an invaluable resource. In a few short months I've gone from paying a bunch of money to sites like SquareSpace and Wix to having my own HTML5 static site on GCP. Truly, thank you.

I'm relatively new to this, and I still find myself stumbling over things. Right now, what's driving me insane is the fact that I'm trying to make a simple contact form and pass off the server work to Zapier using webhooks. When I try completing the form on MAMP, everything works beautifully. When I reupload the index.html file to the server and try submitting the form, nothing happens. It just flashes briefly. I'm totally lost as to what is going wrong. I've replaced the Zapier link with a #. 

This is the form

<div class="col-md-12 no-padding margin-nine-top sm-margin-five-top">
	<form action="#" method="post">
		<div id="success" class="no-margin-lr text-deep-green margin-15px-bottom"></div>
			<input type="text" placeholder="* YOUR NAME" id="name" name="name">
			<input type="text" placeholder="* YOUR EMAIL" id="email" name="email">
			<textarea placeholder="YOUR MESSAGE" id="comment" name="comment"></textarea>
			<button class="btn small-btn highlight-button-magenta" type="submit" id="contact-button">submit <i class="fa fa-long-arrow-right text-white"></i></button>
			<span class="display-none loading text-dark-gray text-extra-small">Loading...</span>
	</form>
</div>

Why is it working on the local server and not live? Please, help me figure this out. I appreciate it.

JDG

Does your Zapier have any logging systems? If so, is there any difference in logging results between using local and using the server?

Are you expecting a different result? Are you supposed to redirect to a separate page?

Does your webhook activate at all?

Yes, Zapier does have a logging system.

Yes, there is a difference: on the local server, the form submits and the "thanks for your message!" reply shows up, but Zapier never gets it. On the server, the form just flashes, and nothing happens. I've tried using other systems similar to Zapier with different links, and none of them work.

Yes, I'm expecting a different result. The webhook should send the form information to Zapier, and it doesn't. Nothing happens at all. 

No, there shouldn't be a redirect. There should just be what happens on the local server..."Thanks for your message!", the data is submitted, and the form resets without reloading the entire page.

No, since Zapier never gets the info, I take it my webhook never activates.

I hope I'm answering the questions clearly.

Has your Zapier whitelisted your first submission location? To prevent others from using it?

"Thanks for your message!" Is this an alert? Like one you press OK on?

What browser do you use? If chrome, try checking the network tab (in Developer Tools) with the 'preserve log' option set when you submit. And find the one which matches your Zapier URL. That might give you a little insight into what's going on. Whether its redirecting or doing anything in particular.