JavaScript function collision?

pctechtv

I have an Adobe Animate CC project that I have changed to make it better. It is problematic because Adobe has not done a good job of generating code that can run simultaneously on a page. I manipulated the code to be able to do this. Understanding a good amount of JavaScript but not everything I can get this to work. The Adobe Animate CC program generates code that is native Create JS. The local script connects to Create JS to make things animate. When I run the code without a JavaScript timer I think that both functions try to fire at the same time. At this point only, one animation works and shows up. Throwing them into a set Interval fixes this because they are not starting at the same time. I am using jQuery to load and run them on my page. I have seen some jQuery functions, that can run two functions simultaneously. I can’t remember which one.  Does anybody know of way jQuery can call two functions in a way where they do not collide? I am interested in knowing how can get a function to fire and not collide in theory also. So any help for that is appreciated. But I would like to know how jQuery would handle functions totaling two, three, four etc. Thanks
Doberman-German.zip

If you can paste the relevant code directly on the forum that would be better than asking people to download a zip file.

If you want to actually run functions simultaneously, I would imagine that using setTimeout with a timeout of 0 would create a child thread to run each one.  I don't know what you're thinking about in jQuery, but jQuery does use method chaining quite a bit.  That's not simultaneous though, that's sequential.

Is the $.when() function what you are looking for?  This function provides a way to execute callback functions based on zero or more Thenable objects. These latter are usually Deferred objects that represent asynchronous events.

Roddy