Setting a JS as a background image.

Geist

I feel like there is a super easy fix to this and I am just missing it. I am currently using this pen as the "background image" on my page. I'm unsure about to actually set it as the background image. Whether it is done via JS or css. Is there a simple value I am missing? Thanks (:

The Javascript generates a <canvas> element. The best thing to do is to give the canvas a negative Z-index and use absolute positioning to stretch it to the full size of its container. I'm not exactly sure how much the THREE.js framework will get in your way, though. It might be trying to resize the canvas on its own.

4 minutes ago, Ingolme said:

The Javascript generates a <canvas> element. The best thing to do is to give the canvas a negative Z-index and use absolute positioning to stretch it to the full size of its container. I'm not exactly sure how much the THREE.js framework will get in your way, though. It might be trying to resize the canvas on its own.

How would one put that canvas inside a div? The JS is made for background sizing so that doesn't negatively affect what I am trying to achieve. 

Here it is:

document.body.appendChild( renderer.domElement );

This line of code puts the canvas as a direct child of the body. Just append it to a different element if you want it somewhere else.

• Like 1