Basic

DannyJ

I have two basic questions that I have not yet found in a tutorial if you could help me that would be great. 1. I want to create a website, what should I make in photoshop or anyother design program before continuing in flash?2. I am using an FTP account for my site and I was wondering, how do I upload a flash site.I am very used to html and css but I want to learn how to use flash.

ok then let me re-pfrase that question.1. Say I want to create a website from scratch and I want to build my own template, for creating my template or layout what should I make in another design program and what should I leave to do in flash or, would it be better to make my whole layout design in flash.I hope that was easier to understand.

flahs sites used to be cool a neat and everyone had them, then they got annoying because of the animation and music. Flash sites usually arent too good and people try to stay away from them, so I would recommend making an entire site with flash. maybe like a little thing here or there would be nice but thats it.

Well honestly I think FLash should be used more for adding some spunk and creativity, aswell as more interaction, versus a whole site. I like flash sites, but they are somewhat hard to maintain and update. I would use flash for things such as a title banner, maybe make a nav menu or mp3 player, depending on what your site is about. Let me warn you though, that a nav bar using flash will need continous update due to the site changing constantly.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok well say I want to make a nav. bar in flash but nothing else. How would I add that flash file into the template?Oh one more question, on this website www.generatorstudios.com how does the author of that site make the text animate like it does on each of those pages? I asked him and all he told me was XML, how do you add XML into your flash file?