W3school.com advert attacks

Prolly A Human

You specify that last week it was happening, is it not happening any more?

I haven't seen anything, which pages were you looking at?

All of the ads on w3schools are GoogleAds. If you run into malicious advertising you'll need to report the ad itself in the top right hand corner of it. 

These are not real advertisements for the site, they are malicious phishing attempts. I've been trying to stop them from happening too. I deleted my history and cookies but they still pop up but only from w3school pages. There is malicious code somewhere that causes a redirect after awhile. The first one I got was vip.luckydevil.xyz and now I get a similar but different one. Both tell me I won something and need me to input information. 

If it's helpful, it's been happening while I've been reading JavaScript related pages. Not sure if it still happens in other sections of the website. 

On 1/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, Funce said:

If you can catch the URL of these pages (the w3 page, not the malicious one), and send it to me via Private Message when it occurs, that would be good.

I see this on the CSS Flexbox page. My CPU usage immediately skyrockets, and I eventually get redirected to a clearly malicious, most likely phishing site mocking Verizon Wireless.