jquery to populate my fields

pawprint

Hello everyone, this is a great site and always pops-up on my search results when I'm trying to alter any code I have on my wordpress site, this next bit what I am trying to achieve is beyond my understanding though.

On my calendar page you select 2 dates, a check-in day and a check-out day, that then brings up another page to input the price per night etc. The box that popsup box does not pre-populate with the minimum days booking or the check-in day (both of these could be answered from the selected days range which prompted the pop-up). 

https://i.imgur.com/j6UmHzP.png

So I would like the drop down menu for "allow bookings starting with the check in on changover days" automatically use the first day in the range (3/2/2020 a monday). And the "minimum days of booking" to automatically populated by using the dates range between the "start date" and "end date".

I believe I need to work with the following areas of my page.

<label for="start_date_owner_book"><?php esc_html_e('Start Date','wprentals');?></label>
<input type="text" id="start_date_owner_book" size="40" name="booking_from_date" class="form-control" value="">

<label for="end_date_owner_book"><?php  esc_html_e('End Date','wprentals');?></label>
<input type="text" id="end_date_owner_book" size="40" name="booking_to_date" class="form-control" value="">

<label for="period_min_days_booking"><?php echo esc_html__( 'Minimum days of booking','wprentals');?></label>
<input type="text" id="period_min_days_booking" size="40" name="period_min_days_booking" class="form-control" value="">

<label for="period_checkin_change_over"><?php echo esc_html__( 'Allow only bookings starting with the check in on changeover days','wprentals');?></label>
<select id="period_checkin_change_over" name="period_checkin_change_over" class="select-submit2">
<?php 
    foreach($week_days as $key=>$value){
        print '   <option value="'.esc_attr($key).'">'.esc_html($value).'</option>';
    }
?>
</select>

Any ideas please?

Thank you