Hacked behind us

Jack McKalling

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know people that they were stupid to leave a trail to there forums, if they were smart they would have just denied access permantly from this site and left no trail but they decided to tell were they were or left cookies......I agree with justsomeguy that these people didnt "hack" but rather left packets. I also must add that they were really stupid for even considering to do something like this, but there are programs out to down a server for months and deleting websites.This program is known as a report abuse, the program reports abuse million times one one site by therefore getting it deleted a three year-old could use this. But did they do that no.If it was me I would have changed the Banner and made it so nowone could post and deleting the admin if I felt that this site needed to be deleted but would I? No. But if I was I would have, because sometimes you people are quite rude and forthcoming. At times I would take a step with my crew and probally would have done what I said, but I control my anger therefor I would not.These "skiddies" were really childesh and did not prove any hacking or cracking as you refer to it, I should know as in the past I've hacked credit card numbers and alot of other things also.But I've cleaned up my act becasue after stealing someones credit card number to pay off a domain name for a site I felt bad for that pesron after maxing it out on care bears n ######. They were all sent to him, but I wanted out of the crew so I quite and left changed all my stuff even my computer and were I lived.So to sum this all up I wouldent consider hacking anything becaus eits so easy to let your ip slip or get a trojan, trust me. So getting payback wouldent be a good idea because you dont knwo how leet a person is until your face to face with them.

xlx_drag00n_xlxyou've provided some interesting information that I think many folks will or at least should appreciate. Although I feel bad for the people you victimized I do feel elated to see that you have put that behind you and have gotten away from unlawful acts. We welcome your insights here and if you have felt anyone has been rude to you please feel free to let me know - especially if it were I. I can only preface any complaint with the fact that we have set up few posts that we encourage people to read before making their first post. It’s obvious when people post without reading our disclaimer and many folks tend to quickly respond with little tolerance.In any respect, the whole hacking issue is behind us. The overwhelming majority of us all understand that direct retaliation is not the right course of action. Simply discovering and notifying the related host is sufficient.

You know people that they were stupid to leave a trail to there forums, if they were smart they would have just denied access permantly from this site and left no trail but they decided to tell were they were or left cookies......
I have two things to say to that. 1) they clearly aren't very smart and 2) they do it for credit, so of course they identify themselves. They want all their friends to see what they did, like grafitti. Unfortunately for them, that means people like us see what they did also and report them to their host and registrar.
But if I was I would have, because sometimes you people are quite rude and forthcoming. At times I would take a step with my crew and probally would have done what I said, but I control my anger therefor I would not.
I'm confused by that statement, what do you mean that we are rude and forthcoming (forthcoming, btw, is a good thing). You sound like you have been upset here in the past, but your account is only 2 days old, have you been here under a different account? BTW, if you're frustrated with a web site, the acceptable way to deal with that is to not visit the website, regardless of whether you can or cannot control your anger. Someone being rude does not give you license to do anything with your 'crew', be it a DOS attack or abuse reporting or simple defacement. I'm not accusing you of anything, but just because you have the tools doesn't mean you should use them. If my neighbor upsets me I'm not going to go over there with my shotgun, I'm just not going to deal with them any more.

I have two things to say to that. 1) they clearly aren't very smart and 2) they do it for credit, so of course they identify themselves. They want all their friends to see what they did, like grafitti. Unfortunately for them, that means people like us see what they did also and report them to their host and registrar.I'm confused by that statement, what do you mean that we are rude and forthcoming (forthcoming, btw, is a good thing). You sound like you have been upset here in the past, but your account is only 2 days old, have you been here under a different account? BTW, if you're frustrated with a web site, the acceptable way to deal with that is to not visit the website, regardless of whether you can or cannot control your anger. Someone being rude does not give you license to do anything with your 'crew', be it a DOS attack or abuse reporting or simple defacement. I'm not accusing you of anything, but just because you have the tools doesn't mean you should use them. If my neighbor upsets me I'm not going to go over there with my shotgun, I'm just not going to deal with them any more.
Yes I hav been here under a diffrent account a long time ago. But I decided to come back because I forgot most of the codes I lerned because my computer was sabatoged by my freinds. What I meant about forthcoming is that one minute your very polite and anouther minutes your very rude I'm not saying any of "you" are I'm just saying in the past.I have to admit that this place has changed over the years and I'm very happy about the change.I also agree about the shotgun thing, but most of the time I can't help myself seeing as most of my neighbors are assholes.can I say that? >.><.<

I have to admit that this place has changed over the years and I'm very happy about the change.
I may be wrong, but isn't the forum hardly one year old, not even that?

Yes I hav been here under a diffrent account a long time ago. But I decided to come back because I forgot most of the codes I lerned because my computer was sabatoged by my freinds.
Ahh. Well with friends like those, who needs enemies?

I may be wrong, but isn't the forum hardly one year old, not even that?
Haha indeed, this forum exists exactly ten months, after I registered as one of the first members.I thought xlx_drag00n_xlx might have had a previous life of another W3Schools or something :) lol

There wasn't an actual name change in W3Schools' forum, it got hacked :) But now we're all back again. That is that.Hopefully everyone has learned form this, and know what to do to protect him or herself.

I didn't know W3Schools owned a ProBoards :)I still have got one of those, though I never use it. But I think Invision is better than ProBoards :) But that only involves an opinion, doesn't it.At least, I was one of the first of this board, number sixty as you can see. I am one of the Dutch that visits their pages quite often :) So I noticed the link quite directly.

I don't think that is possible :)The database has an index in the members table, and that cannot be changed as it has AUTO_INCREMENT. If it was recounted, and the lates was number 5000, the next member still will be 6346 :) (at this time)I think the database should be remade if a recount is needed, but our admins would probably not do that.

There's not much reason to reindex the users table. If they wanted to do that, they would have to write a script that would load in all of the users in some data structure and record their old and new IDs, delete and remake the users table (you can still insert a specific number into an autonumber field, as long as it's not taken), and then update all of the posts and everything else that uses user IDs to reflect the new ID. It can be done, but would be a headache, and isn't really worth it.