Help needed on setting up email system

steveaj

Please I need an urgent help on finding solution to email setup.Well my story is very long and pathetic, there are several things that led me to pursuing a career in website developing which I can't express them now. Well I've all these days pursued the career vigorously and I have got to an exciting stage. I now want to go out there and look for contracts and probably I might also have a means of sustaining myself but there is one litle thing tying me down. That is because any company that's going to need a website designed by me would also need an email system whereby there will be able to subscribe all their staff and get company email system for them. This I have been trying to do all this while and I've not got any major breakthrough in that aspect but I am optimistic that this mail would bring the luck and the favor I need my way. I know this is a special help for someone in desperate need of that help and I would be happy if someone can come to my aid and help me out of this present predicament. My email address is thenameofthelordistobepraised@yahoo.co.uk just what I need is to know how to set up an email system. Should anyone wish to speak to me on phone, my phone number is 2348052936201. Hoping to hear from someone soon and God will bless you all.Steve

That's a #### of an email address (pun intended).The easiest thing to do if you are planning on hosting clients or getting hosting for them is to use a commercial host. You can get yourself a reseller account, and then set up subaccounts for each of your clients. I know that geekhosting.com sells reseller accounts, and brinkster.com may also. The main advantage there is that your hosting is managed, tech support happens for you (you don't need to troubleshoot the server yourself). You can set up email boxes, point domains to different accounts, set up FTP accounts, host websites on each account, set up subdomains or databases, whatever you need to do. Also, as a good side effect, if you will be hosting clients then you can decide on a price to charge them in order to get only 2-3 clients paying for your entire hosting bill. It will basically be free for you since your clients pay you for their hosting, and as you get more clients you will start to make money off hosting as well as development.Another benefit is power. Commercial hosts have the necessary resources to put you on a powerful server with a lot of bandwidth, which will be important for your clients. No one wants a slow website.

Thank you alot Just some guys. The question I now have is that, the commercial hosting service providers would have a pre-designed email system which you I would have to create a link from my web page, is that so? Please sorry for bothering you once again. Just help me through more light on it. It is because a hosting service provider I contacted told me that I have to do all the developing myself and theirs is just to host it. I then became profoundly confounded as to the type of code I would have to write to give me an email system.Thanks in anticipation

The email server itself and all of the email accounts are provided by the host. You will have to set up the individual accounts you want with usernames and passwords, but your host should give you a control panel to use to do that. They can also give you the necessary POP3/SMTP settings to use for Outlook or whatever to check your mail, and they might also give you a webmail interface to check it online.Does that answer your question? You shouldn't have to do anything programming-wise to create accounts yourself, you should be able to do all of that through the host control panel.If you want to set up your own system to check email online, there are several pre-built webmail packages that you should be able to download and install, like Squirrelmail for example.

Thank you alot just some guys for that psychological relief you gave me. I would now contact the two recommended hosting service providers now. I love you. Thanks.Steve

Thank you alot just some guys for that psychological relief you gave me. I would now contact the two recommended hosting service providers now. I love you. Thanks.Steve
I just wanted to add that you might also want to try webmasters.com - they have bulk discounts on e-mail accounts, web hosting, etc.... You'll need to talk with someone there about it, I'm not terrible familiar with how it works, but I knew someone who was into programming and he was able to get huge discounts because he had some kind of bulk e-mail sign-er up-er thing. :) I hope that helps.