error when running asp.net pages

Matar

i have a xp windows sp2 this is the code <script runat="server">Sub Page_Load lbl1.Text="The date and time is " & now()End Sub</script><html><body><form runat="server"><h3><asp:label id="lbl1" runat="server" /></h3></form></body></html>thanks

what version of the .Net framework did you install?Did you have IIS installed before you installed the .Net framework or di you install it after you installed .Net?Test a regular .html page (localhost/index.html) to see if IIS is functioning correctly.

Open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools - > Internet Information servicesexpand the tree once. You should see options like Websites, Application Pools, etc.Is there one (near the bottom) that says Web Service Extension?If there is click on it. You should see tot he right a list of extension allowed to run on IIS. Is ASp.Net there? Is is Allowed?

hi no nothing there like you say there are just all the pages thats stroed in wwwroot and the asp.net pages show with the .aspx extwhat is that ?i setup some options and when i run the pages i see this Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. :)

I wasn't sure if it would be there or not...it must only be in IIS6...I don't know what to tell you. I can't think of any other reason why it would not work

Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. :)
go into IIS and navigate to Application pools, expand this node and right click and choose Recycle or Start for each app pool you see listed there.

I have the same problem. aspx page with controls displays empty. Page with static text is ok. ASP page is ok too.In my IIS I don't have Application pools note. Where it must be?I installed the IIS after The .netframework. Is it a problem?Help please :) !

I have the same problem. aspx page with controls displays empty. Page with static text is ok. ASP page is ok too.In my IIS I don't have Application pools note. Where it must be?I installed the IIS after The .netframework. Is it a problem?Help please :) !
Ah yes that is a big problem :)uninstall both the .Net framework and IIS. Then install IIS then the .Net framework.IIS must be installed first for the framework to configure itself properly.