I need alot of things about .NET

reportingsjr

Okay, so first things first. I want to make sure im in the right place! .NET framework is for running C# (This is right I think..) you use the .aspx ending to run these.. correct?So, thats the basics..Can some people start listing links to tutorials on this? Im sure I can find tutorials on basic things.. What I would like is tutorials on specifc things, like the function thats like php's preg_replace (or find, whatever. I know aspnetguy uses this to find links in his spider). And other things like that..So, support needed :) Newb in training :)

.NET is the Microsoft strategy for connecting systems, information, and devices through Web services so people can collaborate and communicate more effectively. .NET technology is integrated throughout Microsoft products, providing the capability to quickly build, deploy, manage, and use connected, security-enhanced solutions through the use of Web services.simply, used to develop Web Applications. .aspx is the file extention for ASP.NET file. main idea is to seperate the design from function. so .aspx [design] has a "code behind" file.if this code behind file uses C# then it will be filename.aspx.cs OR VB then filename will be filename.aspx.vbThis might be very little info about .net framework. you can understand more when you try coding. i would suggest to download .NET IDE, VS2003 for .net 1.1 OR VS2005 for .net 2.0. it will help you understand a lot better.

aspneguy got me started, I have visual studio, it comes with 2.0 framework, and thanks for the info! I dont know vb so ill probably stick with code.most of those questions have been answered for me.For web files, can you include them in another page? Would I just stick it in an iframe or something? Say if I had a message board could I just stick it in an iframe or use ajax and it would appear? Or is there some reason this isnt possible..Any good newbie tutorials on web page C#? I dont really want to learn the other version, which is the offline one that windows is made in.. just the stuff for websites now :).

aspneguy got me started, I have visual studio, it comes with 2.0 framework, and thanks for the info! I dont know vb so ill probably stick with code.most of those questions have been answered for me.For web files, can you include them in another page? Would I just stick it in an iframe or something? Say if I had a message board could I just stick it in an iframe or use ajax and it would appear? Or is there some reason this isnt possible..Any good newbie tutorials on web page C#? I dont really want to learn the other version, which is the offline one that windows is made in.. just the stuff for websites now :).
Visual Web Developer (VWD) is a "lite" version of visual studio for only creating web applications...just to be technical :)start here http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a book, for a bit more advanced users. Nevertheless, it came handy to me. :)It`s more about ASP.NET`s controls, and how to extend them using C#. It`s also got a CD-ROM."Building Web Solutions with ASP .NET and ADO .NET" - Dino Esposito...the only one I`ve found here in Romania.