For what do you use IE?

aleksanteri

Internet Explorer  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What are you using Internet Explorer for?

• For nothing, it's just lying on the dark side of my drive
    • Just to see what my webpage looks like in another's browser
    • Checking my most often watched pages and forums
    • Regular usage
    • What are you talking about? IE's the best!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aspnetguy.. Im jealous! I reallly want to use Ubuntu... meh, I dont have my own computer though!I still think IE is the worst browser.. it always will be to!
Why does everyone dis IE? I havent found any poblems with it, go on anyone, name some problems please?

Why does everyone dis IE? I havent found any poblems with it, go on anyone, name some problems please?
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!Read the browser discussion topic and if you still can't find anything bad, ask THERE!

What do you use Ubuntu for? Why would you boot into that instead of Windows?
To be cool :) .Seriously, I have no real need for it I am mostly just playing with it. I only gave it a 9Gb partition.If I like it enough I may use it all the time for surfing and email, etc and only boot into Windows to play my games.

Not only that, but I'm trying to discourage all sorts of browser comparrisons in general.The topic is about "For what do you use IE?" and not "For what reason(s) you don't use IE?", "Why is IE(6?) crap?", etc.I'm trying to encourage on topic posts, which imply on the usage of IE, not the migration away from it.

IE is (was) for killing Netscape. That's why development stopped when Netscape basically died.getfox6mr.gifApparently, IE also eats babies. I don't know if that's true, I heard that somewhere, I'm just passing it on. It's one of those urban legend things.You don't .. hate babies .. DO you holmedwa?

IE is (was) for killing Netscape.
How do you know? I doubt if Microsoft ONLY developed Internet Explorer just to outrule Netscape's Navigator. It can be one of their reasons, but Microsoft mainly was (probably) to develope just a browser for their own, not to defeat one another.

Does anyone know that IE is able to open folders with the file:/// protocol, instead of only sites? :)Microsoft Internet Explorer would replace itself (ie. the appname in the titlebar, the menubar, toolbar and statusbar) by Windows Explorer when the default protocol http:// is replaced by file:/// :)And visa versa when WinExplorer [s]protocol is replaced by[/s] gets the protocol http://.Even stronger!!You can open most files that are on the world wide web by Notepad in its Open file dialog! Whahaha LOL !

They switch into one another when alternate protocol is entered :blink:Both explorers are not the same, you can see very well that they have their own executables in the windows installation folder :angry: But when you enter a file folder in IE, it turns into win explorer, and when you enter an url in win explorer, it turns into IE. Well, not turn into, but replace itself by :) It is just that they both use protocols to open files, different protocols. Microsoft probably has forseen this and made them able to turn into one another. :blink:But it surely is strange to see an url opened in win explorer, lol!One difference I just noticed, if windows explorer turns into IE to show the url, it doesnt add the application name in the titlebar - because it is still a window of win explorer :)Or whatever :) I found it rather fun all of this :blink: Now you know where I use IE for too. Still on topic eeh :blink: