Can I change the color of a table border?

LaLaLa

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This form, to let visitors send messages to the owner of the site, uses mailto: at its action. That means, the mail setup program (the one with which you actually send the message) like Outlook Express, will get called.Replacing that mailto: by a PHP processor file like this: send_mail.php means the processor will send the mail instead of Outlook. And besides that, it WILL work in all browsers, as the mailto command doesn't. With php, you can specify the to address, the from, reply to, cc and bcc, subject and message. With the mailto command, you can't. You can try, but only Hotmail (as far as I know) recognises those. Like you specified the subject in the form you posted :) Gmail doesn't use that addition to the mailto command. But PHP can do it all by itself, I can give you a processor file that has the form in itself, here it is, for example :)
So you have to have something soecial about the host so they "Support PHP" or something, copy that big chunk of code into the HTML file and it will work?...??? Read my EDIT on my last post...
Also, right now I just tried sending it and when I clicked on "Submit", an alert box poped up that said:"This form is beging submitted using e-mail.Submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address to the recipient, and will send the data without encrypting it for privacy.You may continue or cancel this submission."What's this all about? Then, when I clicked OK, an error box came up that said:"Personal Folders:This information service has not been configured. Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of a new file to create."?????

So you have to have something soecial about the host so they "Support PHP" or something, copy that big chunk of code into the HTML file and it will work?...??? Read my EDIT on my last post...
Did you read the second post on the other topic, the disadvantages are listed there.Ah yes, you may want to put something on there warning visiters, it isent a problem, it is just saying it is trying to send an email on their behalf.

Did you read the second post on the other topic, the disadvantages are listed there.Ah yes, you may want to put something on there warning visiters, it isent a problem, it is just saying it is trying to send an email on their behalf.
OK, but is there ANY way to get rid of it? It doesn't look very "nice"... :)

No, I dont think so, unless you use PHP like dan said, im just trying to work it out :)
OK then, but hat did it mean by "This e-mail is not encrypted" or whatever? Can you "Encrypt" it somehow?LOL! This topic's going to be about 10 pages by the time we get this all figured out!

This form, to let visitors send messages to the owner of the site, uses mailto: at its action. That means, the mail setup program (the one with which you actually send the message) like Outlook Express, will get called.Replacing that mailto: by a PHP processor file like this: send_mail.php means the processor will send the mail instead of Outlook. And besides that, it WILL work in all browsers, as the mailto command doesn't. With php, you can specify the to address, the from, reply to, cc and bcc, subject and message. With the mailto command, you can't. You can try, but only Hotmail (as far as I know) recognises those. Like you specified the subject in the form you posted :) Gmail doesn't use that addition to the mailto command. But PHP can do it all by itself, I can give you a processor file that has the form in itself, here it is, for example :)
So, I think that the web-host supports PHP, but how do I put that chuck of code into a file and get to work the way I want it to? I've never used .PHP before... I don't even know what I'm talking about!

All we need is knowledge about PHP. Is is quite difficult code for beginners, but that is why I want tis topic moved into the PHP forum of this board.I can help you with the whole code I posted above, but you should firstly consider turning over to PHP, and take some lessons, tutorials of your own. You would uinderstand this processor much better :)For the record, you only need to create a new file with Notepad with the full code I posted, and name it to whatever you like with extension .php :blink: No form needed, the one that is inside will do just fine, though you may edit it ofcource, but be carefull to let the code intact :) Therefor I suggest you take the PHp tutorial. (and to the mods: please move this topic :))[*Edit:]

Gee, I never realised, im going to have to change my signature, it looks so bland, and to think of it, think of all I could put in there.
Please read the rules before you fill your signature, and I suggest LaLaLa do so too :blink:

Where is the "Rules" section for this whole forum? Just wondering... I'll be back later (about 4 hours), I'm getting off soon.

The rules are VERY noticable as announcements at the top of EVERY forum :)You must upload PHP files, they can't be opened by any browser. The server with its PHP software installation must process the code in your files, so it would return only output to your browser.

All we need is knowledge about PHP. Is is quite difficult code for beginners, but that is why I want tis topic moved into the PHP forum of this board.I can help you with the whole code I posted above, but you should firstly consider turning over to PHP, and take some lessons, tutorials of your own. You would uinderstand this processor much better :)For the record, you only need to create a new file with Notepad with the full code I posted, and name it to whatever you like with extension .php :blink: No form needed, the one that is inside will do just fine, though you may edit it ofcource, but be carefull to let the code intact :) Therefor I suggest you take the PHp tutorial. (and to the mods: please move this topic :))[*Edit:]Please read the rules before you fill your signature, and I suggest LaLaLa do so too :blink:
OK, I see what you mean now, I'm going to work on re-sizing it as soon as I get back so its 300x150px.Seems like that's awfully small, though... Rgiht now it's exactly 375x235 :blink:

So, I think that the web-host supports PHP, but how do I put that chuck of code into a file and get to work the way I want it to? I've never used .PHP before... I don't even know what I'm talking about!
PHP form processing is easier than you think, the site has an easy to grasp example: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.aspThen an example of sending an email: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mail.asp

PHP form processing is easier than you think, the site has an easy to grasp example: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.aspThen an example of sending an email: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mail.asp
Ok, I'll look into that ASAP... or later...

P.S. Does anyone have a clue what Runescape is? Rune H.Q.?
Well, this post really has nothing to do with this topic, he just aked it a while ago lol. I have quite the clue what runescape is, ive played it since about the week or two after it came out :). I used to use tip.it for most of my needs and rune hq for its item database. Look me up, I stopped playing about 1-1 and a half years ago so im not exactly the best =[ (I used to be ranked like under 100k overall, but now im at over 200k overall, plus my fishing and cooking used to be around 30k each, now over 100k :'( I compared my user to yours and mine has everything better than yours but firemaking, which is above by 1 level :) ). Sorry!

Will the moderaters delete this topic after a few weeks of no one replying to it or what? Will it just get stacked at the end of the forum topic lists? Just wondering : ) Also, how do you change the color of a link in HTML (NOT with styles, though!)?Thanks!

Will the moderaters delete this topic after a few weeks of no one replying to it or what? Will it just get stacked at the end of the forum topic lists? Just wondering : ) Also, how do you change the color of a link in HTML (NOT with styles, though!)?
With styles. Anything else will not validate. That's exactly what styles are for.

With styles. Anything else will not validate. That's exactly what styles are for.
OK, but I don't care if it "Validates" or not, I just want to know how to do it in plain old HTML code, again WITHOUT using styles! Something to do with the "<link>", "<vlink>", and "<alink>" tags... So will someone please give me the answer I need? I've done it before so I know that it is possible, I just forgot! Please help...LaLaLa :)

There might be some attributes for that (no elements but attributes), but forget them.You should learn styles, using those attributes has no advantage over styles at all.If you still want to use deprecated ways of styling, everything that is deprecated can be found here:http://dhost.info/profmemberone/Pages/deprecated.htm

OK, but I don't care if it "Validates" or not, I just want to know how to do it in plain old HTML code, again WITHOUT using styles! Something to do with the "<link>", "<vlink>", and "<alink>" tags... So will someone please give me the answer I need? I've done it before so I know that it is possible, I just forgot! Please help...LaLaLa :)
<BODY TEXT="#FFFFFF" LINK="#FFFF00" VLINK="#33FF33" ALINK="#FF0000" BGCOLOR="#000000">Something like thatAnd no the topic wont get deleted, it just gets moved down the page as new posts appear.

<BODY TEXT="#FFFFFF" LINK="#FFFF00" VLINK="#33FF33" ALINK="#FF0000" BGCOLOR="#000000">Something like thatAnd no the topic wont get deleted, it just gets moved down the page as new posts appear.
Thank you... And you all will just have to deal with the fact that I'm not using stlyes!