Posting Info on another page

Guest php newb

Guest php newb

I couldn't find this in the w3schools php tutorial so I am going to ask.Is there a way that once someone submits a form I can have it sent to an email, but then post it on another page as well using php. I know how to do it in asp, but I need to do it in asp.

I'm actually not sure how to manually post to another page in PHP, if possible, but you can send with get. header("location: whatever.php?variable=blah&msg=email sent!");that will redirect the page to where ever you want assuming you havnt already set header information. If you have, then (as far as I know) you have to redirect using javascript.

You can actually post to another page by using a php lib called curl, or libcurl.There isn't that much documentation around, and I am a little rusty on it, but ill give it a go :)

<?php$ch = curl_init();//set the optscurl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,"http://www.yourwebsite.com/postcatch.php");curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "var1=var1value&var2=var2value");//result$result = curl_exec($ch);curl_close($ch);?>

..now that will actually post the variables over to the page that you set in CURLOPT_URL. There is somemore cool stuff that you can do with curl like letting curl handle its own cookies, dealing with useragents, etc. Once you master curl, you can make a bot for anything or, like you, use it to make post requests on your behalf.There are ofcourse other ways to do it, i believe you can actually do it wish fsockopen()? But do not have much experience with that function.Hope that helps :)