[PRE] SQL programming

Jack McKalling

Untill (or is it "until"? :) ) I learned more about PHP I don't like to learn SQL :(Any more with me? It is not a difficult language (SQL) though, but in my SQL-inexperienced opinion, it hasn't much use without php :)No offence, but, well, this is wat I think :)So I am excited to learn it, I hope PHP tut will be fixed soon to the recent requests :D

Untill (or is it "until"?  :) ) I learned more about PHP I don't like to learn SQL :(Any more with me? It is not a difficult language (SQL) though, but in my SQL-inexperienced opinion, it hasn't much use without php :)No offence, but, well, this is wat I think :)So I am excited to learn it, I hope PHP tut will be fixed soon to the recent requests :D

SQL can be simple when compared to PHP. However, SQL can get very complicated, but I don't think most average users of databases such as MySQL get into the real depths of SQL. It really depends on what you're planning on making with your database(s).SQL does generally need a "real" programming language behind it, such as PHP, however, SQL queries can be executed without the programming language, except they tend to be large chunks (such as setting up a large database).

once you start using it to communicate with database, you will notice that there really is no better way. its basically as you say it.SELECT ALL FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = PUNKSTARtranslates in sql to..SELECT * from `users` WHERE `username` = 'punkstar'easy :)SQL is simple compared to PHP because PHP is a progamming language, and SQL is just a standard way to communicate with any (good) databases out there :)*shines*

• 2 weeks later...
once you start using it to communicate with database, you will notice that there really is no better way. its basically as you say it.SELECT ALL FROM USERS WHERE USERNAME = PUNKSTARtranslates in sql to..SELECT * from `users` WHERE `username` = 'punkstar'easy :)SQL is simple compared to PHP because PHP is a progamming language, and SQL is just a standard way to communicate with any (good) databases out there :)*shines*

yeah , u r right, sql is very easy and it is powerful alot, it has alot of features that makes it wide-use by most programmer, and u also use it especially when u want to create a database for ur site,