Schema / Xslt

Jack McKalling

XSLT:Extensible stylesheet language transformation (XSLT) is a language for transforming XML documents into other XML documents. XSLT is designed for use as part of XSL, which is a stylesheet language for XML.Schema:A schema - in an XML parlance, is used to describe the possible data content of a document in a very rigorous and formal way. Much like a contract or a treaty is used to spell out the terms of a business or formal social agreement, a schema is used to codify the intention to use a particular set of mark-up tag names, and combine the tags in a particular order.

• 8 months later...
Guest tambe.pravin
Sorry, but I don't undrstand? :) What is the difference between Schema and Xstl, in the meaning of usement?Or can I learn that after reading the tutorials  :)  :)  :blink:I thought they were both for styling Xml, aren't they?

Schema means the set of rules. Cosider the example of database. XML means the values or we can say data where Schema are the fields of that table. In Schema we define the set of rules for the XML values and for showing this values in a browser format we use a XSLT.