Regarding XML file reading

sujeeth_it

Hello all,I am writing a AJAX code for a functionality. I am getting the response from AJAX in XML content. I am using the following code to get the XML object.if (window.XMLHttpRequest){ req = new XMLHttpRequest(); if (req.overrideMimeType) { req.overrideMimeType('text/xml'); }} else if (window.ActiveXObject) { try { req = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e) { try { req = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"); } catch (e) {} }}And i am using [var doc = req.responseXML; ] code to get the XML response.and i am reading the content using childNodes like functions.Its working fine in IE but not working in Mozill FireFox.Please suggest me some alternative way for my objective.Please do help in this regard. :)

In Firefox, when you click on Tools -> JavaScript Console, do any errors appear when you attempt to fetch and read the XML?When you set:

var doc = req.responseXML;

Has "doc" been assigned any data in Firefox? Is it that the data is not there? Or is the data there and you aren't able to read/parse it?I think we're going to need more information.