validation with sax

Guest elSto

Hello together,I've a problem. I'd like to check my xml file with a dtd.The situation:test.log don't has a root tag and isn't correct.document.xmlsurrounds the test.log with a root tag-----------------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><!DOCTYPE messages SYSTEM "test.log.dtd"><myroot> &test;</myroot>test.log.dtdhas a ENTITY with the filname (file.log)-------------------<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!ENTITY test SYSTEM "tunit-events.log"><!ELEMENT myroot (element*)>...I read the file (f = document.xml) with sax---------------------------------------------public void testXML(File f) { System.out.print("Validate logfile ..."); SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder(); builder.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation", true); Document document = null; try { System.out.print(" File to validate: " + f.getName() + " ..."); document = builder.build(f.getName()); } catch (JDOMException e) { e.printStackTrace(); } catch (IOException e) { e.printStackTrace(); } System.out.println("done !");}-------------------------------------------The problem is now, that it don't check the file. It don't gives me an error.Does someone has a solution for that problem?thanx for your help.greez elStops. sorry about my english i'm from switzerland