SOAP: no suitable driver [MySQL]

basbot

Hi,I'm trying to deploy a SOAP service connected to a MySQL database using JDBC but Tomcat can't seem to find the mysql-connector.jar driver file needed to execute queries.Where do I put this jar file or where should I point my classpath to for the database parts to work.

Thanks, but I already know how to set the class path. So that doesn't really help.My problem is that I wrote a normal Java program that I can use and execute as a normal Java program on its own. But once I deploy the program as a SOAP service, the Tomcat server that the service is deployed on cannot seem locate the third-party jar files I use in the Java program.help

It's been a really long time since I worked with Java and Tomcat, but I seem to remember that you have to either set some CLASSPATH (different than that used with the JVM) so that Tomcat can see the jar or else put the JDBC jar in a directory where Tomcat can see it ("tomcat/lib"?).Sorry I can't be of more help.EDIT: I found this post (http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?39,23562,23562) where the user said that putting the jar in <TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR>\common\lib solved his/her problems.Good luck!