Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hello all, don't know if I'll be able to add many contributions, but I do find W3schools a gold mine!

Hello, my name is Liu Yang. Come from CHINA .My English is poor,so you may coun't understand most of I said :) I've learned too much from w3schools .Thank you w3schools ! I must offer my heartfelt thanks to you and the people who contributes to the w3schools !I love you ! :) Best wishes !-------liuyangin Chinese:中文:大家好,我叫 刘洋,来自 中国。我的英语不好,所以,我说的话你们可能大部分都看不懂 :blink: 通过 w3schools 我学到了很多知识。非常感谢 w3schools !我要向你w3schools 以及 对此 有贡献的 的人 表示衷心的感谢!我爱你们 ! :) 献上我最美好的祝福!--------刘洋

Ok, well, why not:My name is Matthew Schultz, I am the web designer, developer, engineer, artist, manager, owner, and everything else at Abstract Approach Digital Solutions, which is my little one-man band...err company. I specialize in ASP.Net, especially MSSQL, XML, and C#. I know most (certainly not all, just most of the really important ones) everything else, at least in some part (the last time I made a list, it was too long to post). I've been coding for about 9 years (which is odd considering I'm 18..and also explains why I'm familiar with so many languages/standards), one year of which has been professional (or, at least, for hire). I am a computer science (duh) student at Arizona State University.I'm here mostly to help others out...I do so mostly because it helps me learn things more completely. Nothing is truly mastered until you can teach it to another....and so such is my goal on this forum.I like music, mostly instrumental (of any genre basically), and I dabble in composing with my keyboard (which sucks (I never thought a keyboard could crash, but I was wrong...this one crashes more than IE7 on Windows ME)..almost as bad as most of my music).I also like chess, and played competitively for several years (I stopped because I have more important things to do). I also experiment with algorithmic art, mostly in the form of fractals.So basically I'm a programmer nerd who will lose his eyesight by 30 to his crt (I love my 2048x1536 monitor with nice warm colors...try to get that in an lcd for under $1000...) monitor after staring at it for upwards of 12 hours a day (but hey, I can play both the keyboard and chess blind, so no worries).//Matt

Hello, my name is Liu Yang. Come from CHINA .My English is poor,so you may coun't understand most of I said :) I've learned too much from w3schools .Thank you w3schools ! I must offer my heartfelt thanks to you and the people who contributes to the w3schools !I love you ! :) Best wishes !-------liuyangin Chinese:中文:大家好,我叫 刘洋,来自 中国。我的英语不好,所以,我说的话你们可能大部分都看不懂 :blink: 通过 w3schools 我学到了很多知识。非常感谢 w3schools !我要向你w3schools 以及 对此 有贡献的 的人 表示衷心的感谢!我爱你们 ! :) 献上我最美好的祝福!--------刘洋
Hello, and here's a better translation. :blink:Hello, my name is Liu Yang. I come from a far away country called CHINA .My English is quite poor, so you may not understand most what I say. I've learned a lot from w3schools.comThank you w3schools ! I offer my heartfelt thanks to you and the people who contribute to w3schools!I love you ! Best wishes !Now, I haven't really introduced myself in awhile so here goes.My name is Sniffy(Sniffy Gerbil) and I prefer not to give away much personal information of myself, other than to a select few. I've been into web design for around 1 - 2 years now and I like it a lot. I shouldn't really fraise it as web design, programming is better. I've used HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, ActionScript and I'm putting JAVA on my list to know. It's a 99% percent chance that I'll be taking a course on it in the next month or so.

I am Joyel Puryear, own of http://www.freelancebusinessman.comI do freelance web development (programming, coding, design, and misc) related web work.I come to the forums to ask help on advice sometimes with different aspects of coding, programming, sometimes misc stuff, because sometimes i get stuck, need a helping hand.

Just wanted to introduce myself as well. Currently just completed the tutorials in html/xhtml/css and I've been dabbling in web design for the last month or so. Find it absolutely fascinating and I've browsed these forums a few times to locate answers to some of the questions I have.Anyhow, cheerio matesCarry on-Griff

Your next step would probably be javascript after html/xhtml/css. Or choose vbscript, but that doesn't seem to be as popular.
vbscript is a waste of tie unless you are goign to learn ASP. Client side vbscript only works in IE

vbscript is a waste of tie unless you are goign to learn ASP. Client side vbscript only works in IE
Really?I don't know vbscript myself, I've only taken a glimpse at it, so thanks.Here's the best I can come up with if this is even correct. :)
<script type='text/vbscript'>dim namename = "George";if name == "Joe"document.write("His name is Joe");elsedocument.write("His name is George");end if;</script>

my vbscript is so rusty, even more so than my VB but it is more like

<script type='text/vbscript'>Dim namename = "George"If name == "Joe" Then  Response.Write("His name is Joe")Else  Response.Write("His name is George");End If</script>

Cool.....I've heard that Visual Basic has it's uses but can make you lazy as far as the big functions and such. For VBscript and ASP and those languages, I have nothing against them, they're very powerful, but I just find them so different.Like you have to make the variable then give it a value, and the if statements are stated the same.eg

//javascriptvar myvar = 0;if(myvar == 0){//..............}

//vbscriptdim myvarmyvar = 0If myvar == 0 Then //.........End If

Just two different types.VBscript seems to be more logical and literal, but it can be confusing that way.

I am Prateek SAxena....I am 14 years old...I do freelance web design and would love to take up web design professionally some day!!!

I am Joyel Puryear, own of http://www.freelancebusinessman.comI do freelance web development (programming, coding, design, and misc) related web work.I come to the forums to ask help on advice sometimes with different aspects of coding, programming, sometimes misc stuff, because sometimes i get stuck, need a helping hand.
Welcome to W3C forums!!!

hi there,what i wanna say is most forums support altering titles of ownself posts that fancy users by adding [sOLVED] in a topic of settled query. you guys may think about it :)

hi there,what i wanna say is most forums support altering titles of ownself posts that fancy users by adding [sOLVED] in a topic of settled query. you guys may think about it :)
I think this should go in the suggestions category.

hey :-) I'm new to these forums I'm just starting to learn well stuff I'm from Australia now living in americaso far i have html 4.01 down and xhtml barring 1 bugnext I'm looking at either learning javascript or php not sure which.anyhow fromn what I've seen so far this forum is filled with great people so :)

Hi i am Vytas.I am 13 years old.I come from Holland.I like scripting,programming languages.I want to be a web designer when i grow up.The scripting language i know most about is : Javascript .The scripting language that i am trying to get installed is: PHP !!! .. Pls help ive u can ..The programming language that i know most about : Java.THATS ME !

Hey, y'all. Lily from SoCal (USA) here.Since it's become evident that my fate is intertwined with computers & websites, I'm finally trying to make the leap from Notepad hack and slash html/etc. to the purported latest and greatest encouraged clean & balanced standard. I've never made a site from a WYSIWYG, but I have recently started playing around with more advanced text editors, Ultra Edit being the one I've liked best so far in trial, in the hope that somehow it will save me some time in the long run.I'll be the first to say I'm a forever n00b, but I'm also always trying to keep my head above the rising tide of technology.I learned the basics of html by looking at/editing what someone else did for me for my first site to get me started in 2001, and I've been slowly getting better over time. My goal for this year is to try to spend more time learning what's out there, remembering what I learn, so I can spend less time wishing the webfairy could solve my latest dilema.For the sake of trivia, my first computer was a TI994A. My parents got the TI for the family for Xmas that year, and I thought it was the greatest thing since spaghettio's. I also had exposure to Mac-in-the-box at summer camp, 8th grade and for a few years in the late nineties because it was free. In college, we had VAX. [Ohh...stop laughing. It was the first time I got on the net, and IRC was fun back then.] Computers and I have crossed paths many times; I did actually code in Fortran a long time ago, and I even took a class in C/C++. I also have had various college lab consultant/corporate help desk type jobs over the years (remember Lotus?). I'd forgotten a lot before I really came back to computers to stay in 2000, but it was ok, because most of what I forgot was obsolete by then anyway. :) I currently have 11 sites under my belt, and one I've helped out a bit with. From the research I did at the tail end of last year, I know they're all a mess, and I've a long year of clean up ahead of me. But before I start tidy-ing, I'm going to be building a new site implementing CSS, and in a perfect world, strict XHTML, so I can have XHTML under my belt better before trying to remember what needs to be changed or not with the rest of the lot. I also have two more sites to build sometime this year, so I'm really glad Santa bought me a new comfy desk chair for Xmas.So I imagine you'll be hearing a lot from me in bursts while I do my best to gain confidence and build better sites. Please be kind, but don't hold back either.

Guest Gregor

Hi,It's been more than a year since I've been using your site's references and now I discover you have a forum too. Good idea!When I first came, there were only HTML and CSS tutorials while now you have complete references notably about JavaScript and DOM. Good job!So please let me say a loudTHANK YOU!And keep on upgrading! :)