Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hi y'all, well I'm Stefan, currently eighteen years old and living near a city called 'Doetinchem', The Netherlands. Webdev is a great hobby of mine, also designing stuff, and I'm doing it for a year of three now. That's not my only hobby, I also like basketball and I'm busy with Hiphop music.Questions? Ask :)So far I like this forum, them Dutch forums are quite boring, not too much interesting topics ^^

4rum here... I don't really have a use for a website, just wanted to know what is involved in building one. Found W3Schools via a websearch. The tutorial on html is very interesting. I've been able to build a home page and integrate it to a host using FTP. Admittedly a lot was through trial and error (lots of error... tons of error... error in great gushing gobs!) but I have learned a little on my own and now I found this forum. So, I'll be the predominant stoopid question noob for some time. Hope I can learn most of what I need through reading through the boards, I'll be depending heavily on some of you who are willing to share your knowledge though. I'm an old dude, so you may have to speak up, and just so we're clear... I don't know diddly!

Hey folks!My name's Anders and I'm a webdesigner/developer! Why else would I be here?I know - HTML (3 years) - XHTML (1 year) - CSS (2 years) - JavaScript (3 years) - PHP (2 months) - MySQL (2 months)I'm 15 years old and I turn 16 this year :)I've learned a lot at W3Schools, and you're the best :)And better, Hege and Kai Jim (don't remember more right now), well, we're all from Norway :blink:Do I have to write more about my self? Well, if I gotta, tell me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Studmuffin 51306Alternative name(s): The pancakeGender: maleHeight: 6 footWeight: 200 lbsEyes: blueHair: blonde & longSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: no/no/noFavorite Music: 90s Rock, Christian Metal, ElectronicInterests: Computer stuffPets: 2 dogsAdditional comments:I learned HTML, CSS, and XHTML through w3schools, xanga, and myspace a few years back and was satisfied until just recently when I decided to look into more complicated languages. I want to prepare for life outside of school (which school most definitely isn't preparing me for).I'm awesome.

Hello, what's up? I just joined to learn new things. :) I'd like to obtain more CSS knowledge, I already know alot of it though. I know bits and pieces of many things, mostly from modifying code, I seldom ever start new projects on my own. I plan to use CSS to create website templates, maybe profit.

Hi i am Vytas.I am 13 years old.I come from Holland.I like scripting,programming languages.I want to be a web designer when i grow up.The scripting language i know most about is : Javascript .The scripting language that i am trying to get installed is: PHP !!! .. Pls help ive u can ..The programming language that i know most about : Java.THATS ME !
If you're trying to install PHP to your computer, you should download XAMPP instead. With that you get PHP, Apache, MySQL (PHPMyAdmin) and one or more things but I don't remember it. It's free! I use it on my laptop.About meName: Anders MoenAge: 15Country: NorwayHTML, XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQLI'm about to learn Java and C++. (can anyone help me with Java? Send me an PM)Tests at W3Schools // Now it's fixed :) - HTML: 100% - XHTML: 90% - CSS: 85% - java script: Not taken, didn't have time (I'll update this post when I've taken it) - PHP: 80% - MySQL: Not taken, didn't have time (I'll update this post when I've taken it)

Hey folks!My name's Anders and I'm a webdesigner/developer! Why else would I be here?I know - HTML (3 years) - XHTML (1 year) - CSS (2 years) - JavaScript (3 years) - PHP (2 months) - MySQL (2 months)I'm 15 years old and I turn 16 this year :)I've learned a lot at W3Schools, and you're the best :)And better, Hege and Kai Jim (don't remember more right now), well, we're all from Norway :blink:Do I have to write more about my self? Well, if I gotta, tell me :)
Whoa, You've been into Web-Design for quite a while. I've only been into web-design for just over a year now.

Whoa, You've been into Web-Design for quite a while. I've only been into web-design for just over a year now.
Hehe. Yes, I have. I started with famous Piczo in eight grade, and in ninth grade I went over to Freewebs with (X)HTML and CSS and JavaScript and now I'm at hotserv.dk with XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL. Hehe.And I'm a little bit at brinkster.net with ASP. I don't know how to connect my database there =/

brinkster can be confusing connecting to an access db. Make sure you read the knowledge base. THere are some examples int here to show you how to do it.
I've read their FAQ about connecting the database, but I don't get it :SDo you know about any other free ASP(.NET) hosts?

The solution would probably be to figure it out on brinkster, rather then go somewhere else. Connecting with a database in ASP is pretty much the same wherever you go, the only thing that usually differs is the connection string.

The solution would probably be to figure it out on brinkster, rather then go somewhere else. Connecting with a database in ASP is pretty much the same wherever you go, the only thing that usually differs is the connection string.
HMm, okay. Can you help me connect the database then? Just PM me or something....

Don't you think I've tried all their codes?
You mean that all their examples online are wrong? Someone should tell them.I can put the code right here. First you need to figure out what the connection string needs to be, and there are probably examples on the brinkster site. This site has sample connection strings for most databases:http://www.connectionstrings.com/And then you create a recordset and give it the connection string to connect:
set userinfo = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")userinfo.ActiveConnection = "your connection string here"userinfo.open("select fname, lname from users where uid = '" & uid & "'")

I'm not saying there wrong...I'm just having lots of trouble connecting them. When I asked them on their live chat, all they could do was to give me the link to their FAQ like aspnetguy just did too :S

Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")sConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _			  "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("\UserName\db\dbname.mdb") & ";" & _			  "Persist Security Info=False"oConn.Open(sConnection)'...oConn.Close

You replace Username with your actual user name. Do you have your database in the db folder of your account? It will not work anywhere else.Did you upload an existing database or use their database manager to create a new one?

• 3 weeks later...