Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

• 2 weeks later...

Full name:chris b. (short *chris*)Alternative name(s):yyttr2/s6i6x/4z3r07hBirth date(dd/mm/yyyy):9/11/1993Gender:mZodiacal sign:ScorpioCountry of residance:ar.City of residance:n/aHeight:5.11.Weight:137lbsEyes:blueHair:brownSmoking/Drinking/Drugs:noFavourite Music: rockFavourite Movies: idfkInterest:lotsPets:love bird/ rabbitAdditional comments:why is the thread like this? you have to click on each thing to see one of them x_x it gets enoying it might be becuse of a problume i encountered when i first signed up i couldent post or vote... or it just might be how this forum is :) but iv been to other invision powered forms and non have ever had something even close to that...plz comment :)

you have to click on each thing to see one of them x_x it gets enoying
What "thing" did you have to click on?
when i first signed up i couldent post or vote..
Due to anti-spam restrictions, users have to have their first 5(?) posts approved by a moderator.

Guest escape2525

Hi, This is my first time in the forum and Ilike the whole idea of having somewhere to go to bounce things off of. I'm just starting to learn web developement and need a career change. I'm a middle aged man and have been learning about computers for a few years, but I need to find a place to get my foot in the door of the computer field :) Thanks

Hello,I'm a junior in high school, wishing to become a website developer. I knot a lot about computers and I want a career in this. Looking currently for a college(Visit the Web Services part of the forums for more information)ThanksP.S.-If you know any colleges in the East Coast that would be good for me, please tell me!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Paul, Born 3rd May 1968, so its the big 40 this year!!!!Qulified Electrician, Gas Fitter, Plumber and BMS engineer.Been playing with computers since I made my first one on the day Princess Di died in France, cant remember the date, sorry.Done alot of reading from the forums, and off nowto post for some serious help as I am megga stuck.

Hi, I'm a web designer/developer that is the dedicated webmaster of jpasims.net.I have been coding on and off for two years now and w3schools has helped me a lot along the way. Not only because they offer great resources to study, but also because they give a firm grasp on all of the web standards. I joined this forum as a way to gain more experience and seek out new challenges by helping others out.

Hey, I'm new. The associative array below almost captures me. I started coding in BASIC on punch cards back in 1974. I was a kid. Then BASIC and C on my first PC. (What's more elegant than pointer arithmetic?) Mostly occupied by the web since I launched my first WEB*STAR server on my desktop Mac in the early 90s. Back then it seemed like you could surf the whole web in an afternoon. Remember helper apps? Like having a wall in place of your windshield, but you could download pix of what was in front of your car. Imagine driving like that and you can understand the Mosaic era. Ridiculous but true. And believe it or not, there was a day when the coolest thing you could do was watch a table border resize itself, visibly, so the result looked like a giant pyramid. I mean, watching an apple turn brown is cooler than that, but not back then. And DOM? What DOM? The cool thing, though, was that new tags and stuff just appeared almost on a daily basis. Now it takes years. The web is better today, but the gee-whiz factor isn't nearly the same.I have a permanent link to W3S and use it as a reference when I code. I'm always forgetting which argument goes where, and confusing my perl routines with similar routines in JS. So it's nice to have a quick link that's always there. I hit the forum link as a lark one day and was surprised by how big and active it is. Decided to join. Have already posted advice a few times and nobody's called me wrong, so maybe I'm in the right place.Full name: Jeff CarneyAlternative name(s): "Deirdre's Dad"Birth date: 1962Gender: DudeZodiacal sign: Kidding, right?Country of residance: USACity of residence: Ephraim, Utah, where being an atheist is an adventureHeight: 5'10"Weight: PudgyEyes: BlueHair: Kinky, receding, graying brown, crewcut, Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Scotch, mostlyFavourite Music: Classic Rock: Pink Floyd, CSN, Yes, Moody BluesFavourite Movies: Seventh Seal, The Graduate, American BeautyInterest: Teaching, writing, digimusic composing, this, my kidPets: 3 cats, indoors only, all spayed/neuteredI must be full of myself, 'cause this post is so long.

Hello everyone! I'm Patsi from Norway, nice to see you all! I'm looking forward to read here, ask stupid questions and learn new things about web design! :)Birth date: 1980Gender: femaleCountry of residance: NorwayInterest: Computers, web, music, reading

Hello my name is Luke and I am from Birmingham England,I am a butcher by trade but am looking to getting into programming and games development, however first I want to build some websites, just for fun.age:25######:yes pleasejob: none student ATMlikes: xbox live, games, learning, philosophy, reading, musicdislikes:not a lotweight:a bit too heavyhair:browny blackeyes:blueAnyway hope to pick peoples brains instead of getting on the nerves of my `grammer mates, who clearly dont have enough time in the day.

Hi, I'm alexb from Italy. I first studied FORTRAN but the were no PC in 1976 so I never used it. Then some layman interest into DOS, Basic, then dBase 3 and dBase 4 (really a deep love...), then the Windows shock, many years of stop, then Python, HTML, a little bit of CSS, and now here I am to know more about PHP (I'm a beginner) and Javascript...Obviuosly my work has almost nothing to do with programming! But I like to know what I'm doing with my keyboard, and to solve small problems.Recently I'm deeply engaged into web communication, about horsemanship... and here I am step by step.

GREETING GUYS!Full name: not to mentionAlternative name(s): "jstephen01"Birth date: august 1,1984Gender: 50px-Mars_symbol.svg.pngCountry of residance: philippinesCity of residence: malolosHeight: 5'8"Weight: not to heavyEyes: brownHair: blackSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: some beers occasionallyFavourite Music: RNBFavourite Movies: notting hillInterest: computer stuffs,mobile stuffs,some rpg gamesPets: 1 cat,1 dog,1 fish

Norman MemberGroup: MembersPosts: 314Joined: 19-November 06From: [italy]Member No.: 9,218Languages: I know the basics..
:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Joseph, as I'm sure most of you do, I love all things web and computers. I've been coding html and css for a few years now, using a pinch of psd design and flash, a little javascript, but really excited about php and xml, mysql. Just set up a LAMP Server and testing my php scripts, building a form handler to send email and image file attachments from a html form, and really enjoying the process. Any ideas or advice will be extremely welcome.

Guest ei:ra

Hi :) I´m a curious female creature. Currently studying Multimedia Design, at Noroff Instituttet in Oslo, Norway. Started my first course in web design/development in january and I love it. Can´t wait to evolve. Actually I have my written html/css/flash exams tomorrow. Wish me luck!

HelloI'm Peppe L-G, and I'm properly not going to write many posts, cause my English isn't the best and I'm sure that many others here can give better answers on the questions that others have, so I'm just going to read threads that I don't know the answers on, so I will learn and be better. If I ever need help I'll use Swedish forums where I can describe my problem much easier, so you're not going to see me a lot, but don't worry, I'll be here :)As you properly have guess: I'm from Sweden, and I'm 18 years old (born 1990). I'm not an expert at webbcoding (started with it 1,5 years ago), and right now I'm just coding for fun and learning. I know all the basics in HTML, CSS, Javascript, MySQL and PHP, but still I sometimes have problem with a thing (especially CSS).Well, that's all I have to say. That's me. Oh, yea, I love soccer, of course.