Introduce Yourself

Chocolate570

Hello guys, new here and hoping to get some help. Been teaching myself for the last 3 months and my site is coming on nicely, or so I thought until last night. Now I am suffering information overload and totally confused :) Where do ask general stupid questions please?

Add a new topic to this forum (scroll to top of document) if it's very general. We also have forums for HTML, JavaScript, CSS. The level of the question doesn't really matter. We have all kinds of members here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybodyBeen browsing this forum for a while and thought I should join up.I have taught myself HTML and CSS to an intermediate level and I’m currently learning JavaScript, which can be quite confusing at times.

Hello everybodyBeen browsing this forum for a while and thought I should join up.I have taught myself HTML and CSS to an intermediate level and I’m currently learning JavaScript, which can be quite confusing at times.
Welcome to the forum!Yes, JS can be confusing to learn, but it is becoming one of my favorite languages as I become more familiar with it. There are so many cool tricks and many practical applications for it.

Welcome to the forum!Yes, JS can be confusing to learn, but it is becoming one of my favorite languages as I become more familiar with it. There are so many cool tricks and many practical applications for it.
I think the main problem is that I am trying to learn JS the right way. There's lots of tutorials out there that produce functional results but the code used isn't great and they always end up mixing JS in with the HTML. The fact that IE does many things differently to all other browsers doesn't help.

Beware of outdated javascript websites. There are tons of 'em out there. If you see <script Language=Javascript> or something about Netscape compatibility issues, RUN!

Hello all.My name is Paul I am 44 and I live in the London area. I am a design engineer by day and MMO gamer by night.I am a self confessed web design noob and am looking for some sage advice.I have been teaching myself HTML & CSS with the help of W3Schools, Komposer and Notepad++ and am in the process of putting a very, lets say, basic site together.

Edited by Booga

Hello all.My name is Paul I am 44 and I live in the London area. I am a design engineer by day and MMO gamer by night.I am a self confessed web design noob and am looking for some sage advice.I have been teaching myself HTML & CSS with the help of W3Schools, Komposer and Notepad++ and am in the process of putting a very, lets say, basic site together.
The link is down... :)

Hey guys, Adam here. I'm 16 years old, still schooling.I have experience in programming before in PHP, VB.NET and little on C#,C++I'm here to expand my knowledge on CSS and HTML. Hope you guys could help me.English is not my primary language, so forgive me if there's any troubles on understanding what I post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,I am lp5 :) , I am 23 , and i am totally new to this !! I work as a network engineer and i am interested in learning web programming.I am smart , quick learner and always in a hurry !!!I hope I'll get the help i need from the people in this forum :)

Hi lp5.FYI, the best way to get help on this forum is to ask very specific questions and post code that you are working on. Sometimes people embarrassed to post code because they think it looks immature. This almost guarantees that they won't get the help they want. We expect to see code that is rough.

HeyhiName: JonAge: 20Gender: MaleOccupation: StudentCountry of residence: UKSmoking/Drinking/Drugs: no/yes/noFavourite Music: ska/rock/alternativeFavourite Movies: action/adventure/comedy/dramaAdditional comments: Been slowly teaching myself how to create websites for the past 4-5 years and only now thought it was a good idea to join a relative forum.

Welcome. To get the most out of the forum, don't just post questions and read the answers to those questions. Read every post on every topic you have some knowledge of. Follow it. Get a sense for who has good answers and whose answers are off the mark. Pay attention when the seniors debate the details. Try to answer when you can and learn from the moments when someone says, "Er, that's not right." If you can almost answer a post, write some code to experiment with. Learn something and share what you've learned. Remember that all browsers do not behave the same way.

Hi All,I'm George and I enjoy learning anything to do with computers. Particularly database design and implementation.Been developing PHP/MySQL website and need help to improve it and make it more secure. Hope I can offfer some help to others. Doing so will not only help them but also reinforce my understanding.George

• 2 weeks later...

Hello people, I am Ankur Sinha, from Madras, into first year, B.Tech Comp Sci Engineering and new to W3Schools forums. Hope you all help me a lot, share your knowledge and help me succeed. Cheers!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Adam. I just discovered this website and think it's great! I'm literally starting from scratch. My only experience with any programing at all was with some basic in middle school nearly 20 years ago. At that time I loved it and probably should have made programing my career. Anyway here I am learning what I can. I've got a friend who does TM1 architecture who told me that if I could get a few things under my belt he'd take me on and train me to do what he does. He suggested learning VB script, when I googled it this is where I ended up. I've already run through a bunch of the HTML tutorials and am loving it. I've just begun looking at some of the VB script tutorials and I have to admit I'm less than thrilled about having to use IE to run them. I'm a big fan of FF and have been for years. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and am looking forward to learning what I can from the obviously educated community on this forum. Also if anyone has any suggestions on how I can better ready myself for my TM1 target shoot me a PM I'm open for anything. Thanks and looking forward to chatting--Adam

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Adam. I just discovered this website and think it's great! I'm literally starting from scratch. My only experience with any programing at all was with some basic in middle school nearly 20 years ago. At that time I loved it and probably should have made programing my career. Anyway here I am learning what I can. I've got a friend who does TM1 architecture who told me that if I could get a few things under my belt he'd take me on and train me to do what he does. He suggested learning VB script, when I googled it this is where I ended up. I've already run through a bunch of the HTML tutorials and am loving it. I've just begun looking at some of the VB script tutorials and I have to admit I'm less than thrilled about having to use IE to run them. I'm a big fan of FF and have been for years. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and am looking forward to learning what I can from the obviously educated community on this forum. Also if anyone has any suggestions on how I can better ready myself for my TM1 target shoot me a PM I'm open for anything. Thanks and looking forward to chatting--Adam
you would be better served learning Javascript instead of VB, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello all, my name is James.Just a quick bit about my learning to date. Was not working and a friend needed a site up for his business, sent me a shiny new package labeled expression web3. Went through the book (Sams teach yourself in 24 hours) and in two weeks had a site up and running. Now this incomplete site needs some help. Javascript time. Any way, this site has been great so far with the development of my html and CSS skills. So on to bigger and more intimidating things. Javascript first on the list.